How to Put Newsstand in a Folder

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Mindi we have this In three other iOS threads already. Maybe merge it?
It think it warrants its own thread as more people will see it this way. It will get lost on those others and I foresee it as a question that people will continue to ask over the next few days.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
It think it warrants its own thread as more people will see it this way. It will get lost on those others and I foresee it as a question that people will continue to ask over the next few days.
Good point. I stand corrected. Btw I have noticed when I synced after doing the trick it popped out of the folder and back on my home screen.

Edge1978

Bronze
Feb 7, 2009
THANK YOU THANK YOU MINDI

I don't plan on using Newsstand, and it was nothing but an eye sore for me.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Good point. I stand corrected. Btw I have noticed when I synced after doing the trick it popped out of the folder and back on my home screen.
Thanks. Do you know if this happening to others who have tried it? If so, I guess the trick is pretty useless.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
THANK YOU THANK YOU MINDI

I don't plan on using Newsstand, and it was nothing but an eye sore for me.
If what Rugaby said happens to you, you can just hide the app since you don't plan on using it.

Directions for hiding apps on iOS 5:
Open the App Store app > go to Purchases > Swipe on the app you want to hide > Select Hide

Edge1978

Bronze
Feb 7, 2009
If what Rugaby said happens to you, you can just hide the app since you don't plan on using it.

Directions for hiding apps on iOS 5:
Open the App Store app > go to Purchases > Swipe on the app you want to hide > Select Hide
Thanks for the suggestion Mindi, but I'm not finding the Newsstand app in purchases.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yeah, I guess it doesn't show up since it's a preinstalled app. I'll was planning on hiding Game Center with this method. Oh well.

Does it get thrown out of your folder when you reboot?

Edge1978

Bronze
Feb 7, 2009
Yeah, I guess it doesn't show up since it's a preinstalled app. I'll was planning on hiding Game Center with this method. Oh well.

Woohoo

I actually did a full reboot as well as synced it with iTunes and it's still in the folder. Not sure if it was just a fluke, but it'd be great if it continues to stay in there LOL

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state

You can put game center app in a folder. Mine had always been in a folder.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I will find out later on tonight and report back of course.
Thanks.
You can put game center app in a folder. Mine had always been in a folder.
I know. I just prefer to hide apps that I never use. I do this with the jailbreak app SBSettings. Since my 4S won't be jailbroken tomorrow, I was hoping to hide Game Center and the Compass through the App Store. Putting them in a folder is second best.