How to Put Newsstand in a Folder

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Good point. I stand corrected. Btw I have noticed when I synced after doing the trick it popped out of the folder and back on my home screen.
Mine stays in the folder after reboots and syncs.

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
Hiding the folder doesn't help me if I can't get the NY Times out of the bookcase.

Anyone know how I can do that?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I have had one of each lol. Reboots are fine. One sync it stayed the next one kicked it out. I however comma unlike john have the speedy finger. Lol I kid John I kid. :)
I got it in the folder on the first try. It's pretty easy if you put all three icons in a row before creating the folder. I've synced multiple times and it has stayed in my junk folder along with Stocks, Game Center, Contacts (useless since it's in the Phone app) and Compass. Can't wait for the jailbreak so I can hide all five.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I went to the Apple Store and all I needed to do was reset my iPhone, and shutdown the background apps. That fixed the problem and now I have access to the Newsstand Store.

themutualmatt

Oct 15, 2011
- Take two apps and go to create a folder
- The second the apps are in the folder and it’s doing the folder creation animation, drag Newsstand into the folder
- As long as you’re quick enough Newsstand will go into the folder!​
If you wish to use Newsstand at some point, simply remove it from the folder and place it back on the main level. This also warns to put folders in folders.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
- Take two apps and go to create a folder
- The second the apps are in the folder and it’s doing the folder creation animation, drag Newsstand into the folder
- As long as you’re quick enough Newsstand will go into the folder!

If you wish to use Newsstand at some point, simply remove it from the folder and place it back on the main level. This also warns to put folders in folders.
Threads merged. Please use the forum search function.

Peacekepr

Bronze
Jul 30, 2010
FOLDER in a FOLDER!
I just put the news stand in a folder and thought let me try to put a folder in a folder ... and it worked.
But the problem is if you try to open the news stand or the folder in a folder the phone restarts.
Seems this is only good for apps you do not plan to use!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
FOLDER in a FOLDER!
I just put the news stand in a folder and thought let me try to put a folder in a folder ... and it worked.
But the problem is if you try to open the news stand or the folder in a folder the phone restarts.
That's correct; it will crash if you try to open it from the folder. This method is for people who don't want to use Newsstand.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
FOLDER in a FOLDER!
funny, I tried the same thing the other day and couldn't do it. I was digging for hidden treasures.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
funny I tried the same thing and couldn't do it. I was digging for hidden treasures.
Keep digging. Lol.
I don't understand how someone could have over one folder of things they plan on me we using. That's what over nine apps. Those can't all be native/stock/not delete able apps. If you plan on never using them delete them. Folder in folder would be nice but it doesn't work. Yet. stock that is.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Keep digging. Lol.
I don't understand how someone could have over one folder of things they plan on me we using. That's what over nine apps. Those can't all be native/stock/not delete able apps. If you plan on never using them delete them. Folder in folder would be nice but it doesn't work. Yet. stock that is.
that's why people jailbreaking their devices outnumber the ones that don't. Here's where I've always disagree with Apple, take a peak of what people want and don't let me wait for the iPhone11 to have it, when the 4 is well capable of doing it.