How to reboot tethered jailbroken iPhone from discharge

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Claireoux

Dec 12, 2011
I have a tethered jailbroken iPhone 4 and everytime it dies due to low-batt discharge and I plug it i to recharge, it turns on automatically before I get the chance to jailbreak it. As a result, all my files get deleted. How do I get around this?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I hate to point out the obvious, but don't let your phone die. There is another reason not to let it die other than to prevent losing your JB. The battery does NOT like being completely drained. Its a lithium polymer battery that works best if you keep topping it off. Either get a back-up battery or have a charger on-hand and charge when you have the opportunity and you should be fine.

Claireoux

Dec 12, 2011
Hawk, oh I know. I've been careful not to let my phone be drained of battery. It's been months since the last time it happened. But the other night, I went out drinking and woke up late the next day to a discharged phone :(

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Hawk, oh I know. I've been careful not to let my phone be drained of battery. It's been months since the last time it happened. But the other night, I went out drinking and woke up late the next day to a discharged phone :(
I can relate to that.

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
I have a tethered jailbroken iPhone 4 and everytime it dies due to low-batt discharge and I plug it i to recharge, it turns on automatically before I get the chance to jailbreak it. As a result, all my files get deleted. How do I get around this?
Been running the tethered jailbreak since day one....never had a problem with "deleted files"...... your running boot tethered and still having problems..?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Been running the tethered jailbreak since day one....never had a problem with "deleted files"...... your running boot tethered and still having problems..?
When her phone dies and she connects to a PC, it immediately starts booting and she loses her stuff. I haven't ever used a tethered boot, so if she's doing something wrong, let her know.

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
When her phone dies and she connects to a PC, it immediately starts booting and she loses her stuff. I haven't ever used a tethered boot, so if she's doing something wrong, let her know.
I just assumed the OP understood the requirements of running a Tethered jailbreak....
Every time you lose Power or ReBoot your iDevice you need to run "Just Boot" in Redsn0w( or any equivalent tool) to complete the boot sequence..... my point is, if the OP does this and still has "missing files" this is a new one on me...:)