How to receive picture messages

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Renee80

Jan 24, 2009
If someone sends me a pic message should I receive an email link?
It is not working for me. Do I have to set this up?

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
If someone sends me a pic message should I receive an email link?
It is not working for me. Do I have to set this up?
It's not an email link. Its a link to a website: viewmymessage.com

It does not need to be set up. They will send you a userID and a password in the text message. The site, however, does not always work.

My phone does not receive them either. I called AT&T and tried to get them to set it up and they won't do it.

I am assuming the OP has the same problem as me. If friend 1 sends me a text, I receive it. If friend 2 sends me a picture message, I receive nothing... no go to viewmymessage.com like I used to get on my iPhone v1. My fiance does not receive them either on her 3g. Nothing comes across. You could send me 15 picture messages and I will never receive any notification of it.

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
i don't get mms( view my message ) on my 3g either . i have a friend that sends me mms sometimes and she has to send them to my att workphone but.............................. if i forward them from my work phone to my 3g i get the viewmymessage text ......hmmmm

Renee80

Jan 24, 2009
thanks for the input. I am going to make an appointment at the local Apple store here and see if they know why. It's just odd to me.

craigep

Jan 25, 2009
I don't get viewmymessage links either. I've been w/ AT&T for 6 years w/ no media package until I bought my iPhone. Now I spend twice the money per month and can't get an mms. Doesn't that seem wrong?

djv72

Mar 4, 2008
I had a iPhone 2G since feb08. I just sold it and purchased the iPhone 3G. I have never received the link on my 2G iPhone. Now I receive it on my 3G iPhone. Seems weird....

Jan 26, 2009
I don't get why we have to go to a website at all? All non-iphones I've had you could receive and view the picture right there on your phone.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I don't get why we have to go to a website at all? All non-iphones I've had you could receive and view the picture right there on your phone.
Because Apple decided we did not need MMS functionality on the iPhone. However...there is a work around. Email. You can email a mms message to a phone number, you just need to know what carrier they are on. You can also tell your friends to send picture messages to your email address. This will work with their messaging plans and will not require them to have a data plan.