How to recover lost videos and pics from camera roll?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by partizan, Apr 13, 2011.

1. partizan

partizan Member
    Bronze

Hey guys I need your help. My buddy wanted to update his JB 3GS from 4.1 to 4.3.1. He synced his iPhone with iTunes and had a few family videos and pics in the camera roll. Then he proceeded to do Shift Restore and restored his device to 4.3.1. The problem started when he tried to sync his phone from the backup. It failed in the middle of the process and all of his videos and pics are now gone. He was able to sync his apps and music. Is there any way he can get his camera roll stuff back?

Thanks for your help.

2. Redneck1996

Redneck1996 Zealot

I wish. I had the same problem.

3. partizan

partizan Member
    Bronze

I just found this iPhone Backup Extractor software, costs $25, wonder if it works? Anyone try it?

Thanks

4. partizan

partizan Member
    Bronze

I tried it on my iPhone 4 and it does work, the free version only extract 2 files at the time, however on his PC he could not find the previous back up. Is there a way to find the old backup, the one prior to his sync after the restore?

Europa, you must know the answer to this. Thanks Mindi.

5. Odomray

Odomray New Member

At the time of the iTunes sync it copied all the photos from my Windows picture folder to the phone and erased my camera roll at the same time. The photos were on iPhone when it was backed up but several auto syncs had occurred afterwards when trying to find the pictures again and now even a restore won't put them back since I believe iTunes only stores two backup histories.

I was looking to see if the computer had a file somewhere since they were backed up in the past. And I finally recover lost videos and pics from camera roll.