How to remove a Cydia app I didn't install?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by iconone, Apr 12, 2013.

1. iconone

iconone Zealot
    Gold

There is an app in my settings that I didn't download and can't find it in my packages through Cydia. I looked at every app in my packages in Cydia and couldn't find it. I also tried to find it through ifile with no luck. It's called btstack and I can only see it in my settings menu. How do I get rid of this? image.jpg

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

In iFile, go to Library > Mobile Substrate > Dynamic Libraries

Look for BTstack.dylib and BTstack.plist. Delete both files and respring.

Post back if it's not listed in that folder.

3. iconone

iconone Zealot
    Gold

Not listed in there.

Sent using iCafe app

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Click here in Cydia and switch to Expert mode. You should see BTstack after that and be able to uninstall it.

image.jpg

5. iconone

iconone Zealot
    Gold

Boom! Gone! Thank you so much. I wonder how that got on there in the first place. Thanks again!

Sent using iCafe app

6. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Have you downloaded any other apps which work with Bluetooth? I'm sure BTStack is a prerequisite for a couple of apps.

7. iconone

iconone Zealot
    Gold

That's what I was thinking but I can't think of anything it would be needed for. I went through all my cydia apps and it wasn't part of any of them.

Sent using iCafe app

8. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

All BTStack does is allow Bluetooth connections to and from your device, it's useful if you do use Bluetooth.

9. iconone

iconone Zealot
    Gold

I'm not sure if it comes with the free version of ifile. I just noticed it yesterday but I have had ifile since the jb came out. I do use Bluetooth for my car.

Sent using iCafe app

10. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Any Bluetooth Cydia apps?

11. iconone

iconone Zealot
    Gold

None that I can think of.

Sent using iCafe app

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Glad that worked. It does not come with iFile. Clearly it was a dependency or side install for another app/tweak. It's actually quite common for one app to install something else as a dependency. When you uninstall that app, the dependencies stay behind unless you individually uninstall them. It's not a big deal since it's been successfuly deleted and future deletion is easy through expert mode if or anything else is ever inadvertently installed and hidden in simple mode. But if you're still curious where it came from, something like Celeste, iBlueNova, AirBlue Sharing, or any of the iOS keyboard Bluetooth apps that you installed at some point in the past would be the most likely cause.

13. Anna Harris

Anna Harris New Member

I did all the things as you said but Btstack is still installed...

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The solution is in post #4.

15. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

So, it could've been installed from an App store program not just a Cydia program? Interesting.

16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No. I'm pretty sure it's only installed in Cydia. Scratch that part about it possibly being from a keyboard install. I think Apple has its own software for that.

17. Anna Harris

Anna Harris New Member

You can uninstall it from the cydia also, just go to the cydia » manage » packages. You will get the list of app which you have installed from cydia. Find the app which you want to uninstall, select it and click on modify. You will get an option to delete.

18. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Warning issued. Stop trying to boost your post count with bad advice and fake posts. This is the last time I'm going to ask you to stop posting in a thread where the question has already been answered and the problem has been resolved or pretending to have a problem/question only to answer your own question later. If you would have read the thread you'd see 1. It's resolved. 2. He tried what you said before he started this thread and it didn't work. The solution was to switch to Expert mode to view and uninstall the package.