How to remove apps

slayer666

Bronze
Aug 13, 2009
Hi all im having a little trouble on removing apps. Can anybody lead me in the right direction any help would be great

Cheers Joe

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
What kind of apps? App store apps or cydia apps?

For app store apps press and hold the icon of the app you want to delete, when they start to wiggle, if it has an X in the left top corner, tap it, it will delete the app.

For cydia apps, you can use a program called cydelete, which will put the X on cydia apps while they are wiggling and you can tap it to delete, or you can go into cydia, click on the "manage" tab, select packages, scroll to the app you want removed and select modify, then remove.

If you want to remove the apps that came on the phone...you can do that but you will have to be jailbroken.

iGee

Apr 25, 2010
Does anyone know how to remove apps?

Im a new user of iPhone. I've use iPhone 3g, it was a jailbreaking, but now i already updated with 3.1.3.. and not jailbreaking anymore.. when i sync to iTunes, it romoved all old jailbreaking apps, except isilo.. i tried to remove isilo from iTunes and directly in the iPhone but it didn't work, the apps icon still there.

does anyone know how to remove it?

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
can you not just hold down the app until it starts shaking and the x comes up?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Did you uncheck the box next to the app in your iTunes library and then sync? If that doesn't work, try deleting the app in your iTunes library and then syncing.

CoolRemo

Apr 9, 2010
or just touch the window two times. them it will show all the apps with x. only touch the app that you want to get rid of. and then press the main button to recover from delete mode.

iGee

Apr 25, 2010
can you not just hold down the app until it starts shaking and the x comes up?
Thanks for replying,
i was tried with this way.. the apps icon still there when i do synchronize in iTunes..

iGee

Apr 25, 2010
Did you uncheck the box next to the app in your iTunes library and then sync? If that doesn't work, try deleting the app in your iTunes library and then syncing.
Thanks for replying :)

Actually i bought the used iPhone.
This apps is came from the previous owner, it was jailbreaking and threre is a cracked apps in it.
i was changed this iPhone from jailbreakin to official iPhone.

i don't have any apps in my iTunes before. so i can't check or uncheck the apps.
after i updated the firm ware from 3.1 to 3.1.3 and syncing, the all cracked apps was gone, except iSilo.
actually the isilo apps isn't in my iPhone anymore but the icon only.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
This is a leftover from the jailbreak that you'll need to restore as new in order to get rid of, as far as I know. But I don't know much.

iGee

Apr 25, 2010
This is a leftover from the jailbreak that you'll need to restore as new in order to get rid of, as far as I know. But I don't know much.
yes.. i think restoring is the best way to solve the problem, ill think about it.. i am afraid it will harm my iPhone.. i'll find away how to do it.. anyway thanks for replying

have a good day :)

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
yes.. i think restoring is the best way to solve the problem, ill think about it.. i am afraid it will harm my iPhone.. i'll find away how to do it.. anyway thanks for replying

have a good day :)
You can't harm your phone doing a restore. Just restore and set up as a new phone. And don't unplug it when its restoring...

iGee

Apr 25, 2010
you were right styfle, thanks :)

Yehaa, my iPhone was restored and solved the problem, thanks a lot guys :D

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
you could have just used cyberduck/winscp to remove it.....
He didn't want to jailbreak though from the sound of it, he wanted it to be like new. Now it is.

I'm glad that helped, iGee.

iGee

Apr 25, 2010
really? really?

you could have at least started your own thread so that the admins could lock it....
:D, for you guys i might looking weird, i am the one who won't use a jailbroking iPhone.. we'll see.. maybe oneday i will really need more powerful iPhone and need to be jailbreak it, because, now i felt i really need a multitasking iPhone, which is hopefully it will be in the new firmware 4.0.. anyway thanks for replying and im sorry about my english :)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
iGee, computerfox was replying to a spammer that posted in your thread. The spam post was right above his, but a mod deleted it. I just wanted you to know it didn't have anything to do with you. :)

iGee

Apr 25, 2010
Ow.. xixixi :D, thanks Europa..
anyway can i close this thread and how to do it?, because my problem about how to remove apps are solved.. or it just wait the admin to close it?

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Ow.. xixixi :D, thanks Europa..
anyway can i close this thread and how to do it?, because my problem about how to remove apps are solved.. or it just wait the admin to close it?
We rarely close threads. They die quickly enough by themselves. And if someone reads this like a year from now, they may have a question about it and reply.

May 10, 2010
I do not know and its been amazing so i am looking for also how to remove app.