How To Removed The 3rd Party Installer

Cruzer

Jan 31, 2008
Dirty Jersey
Hey Guys I Wanna Remove My Third Party Installer So I Could Bring Into The Apple Repair, Please Tell Me In Details How I Can Remove It Without Apple Finding Out That I Use To Have Modifications On The iPhone? I Wanna Be Able To Use The Warranty For The iPhone? Let Me Know...thank You

Cruzer

ritzthekracker

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
Once you do a restore, the iPhone is completly wiped clean with no trace of a jailbreak so you should be fine to send it in to Apple.

Cruzer

Jan 31, 2008
Dirty Jersey
Once you do a restore, the iPhone is completly wiped clean with no trace of a jailbreak so you should be fine to send it in to Apple.
hey ritz, i was readin something that eventhough it was already been restored, they said it won't let me sign in wit AT&T n go with pay as u go type thing, but I never change my SIM right? Please let me kno

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I actually don't believe that's an option anymore.
When signing up through iTunes, you should be able to put all 9's in for the social security number and it will default you to the pre-pay setup.
But again, I'm not even sure that's available anymore.

Cruzer

Jan 31, 2008
Dirty Jersey
so with restore, I won't have to worry about havin jailbreak it before and wen I bring to to the Apple store for service, they wont void my warranty? Have anybody brought their iPhone for service but had to restore first to remove the 3rd party installer, please tell me what happened.

bzpilot

Oct 20, 2007
so with restore, I won't have to worry about havin jailbreak it before and wen I bring to to the Apple store for service, they wont void my warranty? Have anybody brought their iPhone for service but had to restore first to remove the 3rd party installer, please tell me what happened.
Don't be paraniod. Probably every iPhone owned by people working in that Apple Store is jailbroken. Just restore it and don't worry, if anything they might ask you why you havn't jailbroke it! It's more the norm now than anything, especialy among Apple emplyees working in the Store.

spdmbls

Dec 1, 2007
hey fellas im having trouble with my i phone with the screen i also want to return the phone but how do i go about restoring back and not getting refused through Apple does it wipe out all the apps and the installer or do i have to uninstall some of them before i do the restore link below theirs more of my issue any advice helps thanks.

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/problems-with-the-screen-need-help.19576/

Last edited by a moderator: