How to replace icons in a theme?

jamiemiller

Bronze
Nov 18, 2008
North America
I finally found a theme I'm going to stick with, and now I want to perfect it with all matching icons for facebook, games, 3rd party apps, etc etc.

Does anyone know how to switch them out?

Last edited by a moderator:

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Ok, you need to SSH into your phone, if you know how to do that, then SSH into your phone to where your themes are. I think its /Library/Themes.

Copy the full .theme folder to your desktop - this makes it a bit easier.

When the full theme is on your desktop, open the folder and you should see a folder called icons, or you may just see a load of icons, each icon represents your app icon. So, Facebook.png is your icon for facebook. Delete the ones you don't want, and drop your new icons in where your old ones were... Your new icons must have EXACTLY the same name as the old one.... so make sure your capitals and spellings are right, and make sure is named "Facebook.png"

hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Croucher explained it perfectly. It can get complicated at times, don't be afraid to ask or search for your questions.

xKrAzyx

Dec 15, 2008
well first of all i'm a noob to all of this. is there any way you can tell me step by step on how to replace the different icons. my phone is jailbroken by the the way. thanks...