how to restore 1.1.4

CanSpec

Bronze
Mar 5, 2008
how do I restore my phone to before I installed all the programs? I can't uninstall a couple via the install app. Thant for any help.

CanSpec

Bronze
Mar 5, 2008
umm im not entirely sure what you are asking, but if you want the phone like it was out of the box, and on version 1.1.4, then just plug it into iTunes and click the "Restore" button.
what I want to do is clear all the apps and sources from my phone as some are not removing and in my installer almost all the apps listed are duplicating themselfs? I am wondering if something is corupt or a recent app install is causeing the problem? In general settigs there is an option to clear all contents and settings will that work?

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
what I want to do is clear all the apps and sources from my phone as some are not removing and in my installer almost all the apps listed are duplicating themselfs? I am wondering if something is corupt or a recent app install is causeing the problem? In general settigs there is an option to clear all contents and settings will that work?
You'd have to restore.

It clears out everything as if you got a fresh phone.

djentee

Sep 17, 2007
I'm in the same boat but my 1.1.4 is JB'd and Unlocked. I tried the Restore option but it's coming back with an error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
I'm in the same boat but my 1.1.4 is JB'd and Unlocked. I tried the Restore option but it's coming back with an error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
What error are you getting, and what version of iTunes do you have?