How to Restore default theme?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tnn79

Oct 5, 2007
i dled and loaded a new theme on iPhone but I like to know where can i go to delete the downloaded theme and put my old default theme back? thanks....

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
i dled and loaded a new theme on iPhone but I like to know where can i go to delete the downloaded theme and put my old default theme back? thanks....

It depends on what you're using, or used, to get the theme onto your iPhone to begin with. There is always the fail safe of restoring, but these days with the 1.1.1 upgrade is getting a bit more tricky.

tnn79

Oct 5, 2007
I have an unlocked iPhone running version 1.0.2, I used iPhonetoolkits to transfer the image to iPhone...

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I have an unlocked iPhone running version 1.0.2, I used iPhonetoolkits to transfer the image to iPhone...

Hmm, I am not familiar with iPhonetoolkits at all unfortunately, just with customize and such. I know that with customize you can just choose to go back to the default settings. :( Sorry I can't be more helpful.

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Go to Settings/General and hit Reset. If that doesn't do it, then restoring (shift+click select 1.0.2) is, I agree, your best bet. If afraid about accidentally updating to 1.1.1, just disconnect your internet connection. Perform a manual sync first, just in case you want to backup your iPhone...

david79

Oct 9, 2007
i got the same problem...i used iPhonehackedtoolkit vers 1.0 i loaded up the themese successfuly, but now i want to remove it. because i accidentally uploaded a chinese langauge pkg to my phone. Now my iPhone is all chinese. Please help. How do i get into the iPhone memory to delete that theme?

Go to Settings/General and hit Reset. If that doesn't do it, then restoring (shift+click select 1.0.2) is, I agree, your best bet. If afraid about accidentally updating to 1.1.1, just disconnect your internet connection. Perform a manual sync first, just in case you want to backup your iPhone...

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Not too familiar with iPhonehacked tool kit either (all chinese to me ;)). If you can delete the offending package/app via SSH, that should work. Otherwise, sync and do a restore. May I suggest using the Installer once you cleared up this problem...

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
If your running the old firmware, and able to load software, you can try to install "Customize" and then use that program to change (and delete) themes. You can get that through ibrickr or apptap installed on the phone itself.