How to restore original home button uses..?

red_angel

May 8, 2011
Originally and basically, when the iPhone4 is on locked screen and you quickly press the home button twice, ipod controls will appear.. But why my iPhone is not responding? Can u help me? Please...how can i restore the original home button functions?

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Is the device jail broken ? If not try a hard reset by pressing both the home and power buttons at the same time. Ignore the slide to message...just keep holding them until you see the Apple logo. Don't worry that it will take longer to get to the home screen. This effectively powers down and back on the phone. That can fix a world of strange things on the iPhone.

If it's jail broken, could you hsve assigned activator to something else on the double tap?

red_angel

May 8, 2011
My phone was jailbroken.. I had an activator before but it seems Useless..:-(

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
If you want to remove the jailbreak, just press the update button in iTunes. If you're already running the lastest firmware, press the restore button instead of the update button.

red_angel

May 8, 2011
I had an activator but i never assigned any other function on the "double tap". I did a soft reset too but still it doesn't eork.. 

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Thread moved to the iPhone Jailbreak section.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
If you're asking what "Thread moved to iPhone jailbreak" means, it means that the thread was moved from the category you started it in (iPhone 4) to the appropriate section of the of the forum (iPhone Jailbreak).