How to restore photos from my Mac

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Disneymom2003, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Disneymom2003

Disneymom2003 Member
    Bronze

Sorry if this has been asked before. I did a search and could not find anything. I want to delete some of my pictures on my iPhone 4. I have them stored on my MacBook in iTunes. If I delete them from my phone can I put them back on my phone if I want. If so how complicated is it to do this? Thanks:unsure:

2. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

If you have an iCloud account, you can easily move them from device to computer or vice versa.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

By iTunes do you mean an iTunes/iCloud backup or in the PhotoStream? I wouldn't rely on a backup for your photos. They should be stored in a folder on your hard drive or in iPhoto. If you have them there, you can sync them back on at any time.

4. Disneymom2003

Disneymom2003 Member
    Bronze

Yes I have them on I photo. Can you tell me how I would transfer them back from there.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

There are several ways. Here are a few:
    1. You could make a folder and place copies of the photos you want on the phone in this folder and then sync it to your phone through iTunes.
    2. Email them to yourself and save them to your camera roll.
    3. Use the DropBox app. You have to install it on your computer and your phone, but it's easier than emailing stuff to yourself.

6. Disneymom2003

Disneymom2003 Member
    Bronze

Thanks so much