How to Restore your iPhone

D

Dualc0reX

Restoring your device
-Brought to you by Pr0x.org

Many beginners always ask the questions: "What if something happeneds to my iPhone, will I be able to go back to its original state?"
The answer is yes!

Before we start, please note that the step-by-step guide involves restoring your iPhone so you should know that this would mean that all your personal data from your iPhone, including songs, videos, contacts, photos, calendar information, and any other data will be wiped out and your iPhone's settings will be restored to their factory settings. However, you always have the option to recover your personal data from the backup.

Here is the step-by-step guide to restore your jailbroken/non jailbroken iPhone:
Step 1:
Connect your iPhone to your Mac or PC and select your iPhone from the list of devices in iTunes. If things had gone horribly wrong while hacking your iPhone and iTunes does not detect your iPhone then you will need to put it in DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode. Guide here: DFU Mode
Step 2:

In the Summary Tab, click on the Restore button.
Step 3:
iTunes should prompt you if you would wish to take a backup of your iPhone before restoring. Select Backup.
Step 4:
After the backup is taken select the Restore option when iTunes prompts you.
Step 5:
iTunes might prompt you to download the restore firmware if it is not already on your computer. Go ahead and download the file
Step 6:
After the firmware has been downloaded go ahead and click on the 'Restore' Button if iTunes doesn't do it automatically.
Step 7:
Wait about 15 min for the restore to finalize and you will be back to a fresh iPhone

Last edited by a moderator:

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
i've had to restore mines also,

i jailbreak and get it how i want it and it starts acting like its possessed or something!

i've restored 4 times in the last 12hours!

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Why? What happened?
Well first I QuickPwn it and after I was downloading a theme and activating it in winterboard the iPhone froze...I restarted the phone and it would just get stuck at the Apple boot logo:sick:
-Now the speakers wont work correctly :( Lastnite the the iPhone it self would stop making the system sounds such as the keyboard click or things like the lock/unlock sounds...and I tried everything related to sticking the earbuds in and taking them out and stuff until I just had to this morning restore.

NOW my problem is that although it the iPhone will make its system sounds...it wont shut up :p
-The iPhone makes all of the system sounds regardless if the iPhone is switched on vibrate or not:p So when I get home I'm gonna check to see if QuickPwn have updated their firmware for 2.2 and re-restoring again!

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Sorry to hear that. You've had some bad luck with that phone. Hopefully a restore will fix it for you. Good luck.