How to retrieve photos from Photofolders app after synced

Aug 14, 2011
Hello,

I had a bunch of photos in my Photofolders app (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/photofolders-private-photo/id351982768?mt=8) , but not in my regular camera roll. I had my phone synced before I had it stolen. Now that I have a new iPhone, can I retrieve the photos through a sync? The app was synced backed up, but the photos are no longer there..

Does iTunes store these backup sync's somewhere? Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
When you synced your new device, you need to make sure that all the things you want to sync are still chosen. Because it's a new device, iTunes does not automatically know your preferences on what you want to sync, even when you uploaded your profile.
Connect your phone and go through each of the tabs along the top of the iPhone Summary window and make sure that everything is checked that is supposed to be checked

Aug 14, 2011
ya i made sure the app sync'd through...there was no options for the photos in the app

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Sorry, I misunderstood that it was an app and not the native camera folder.
Don't quote me on this, but if they were stored in the app, they might be gone. If you can still see them in the app, you might want to try saving them to the camera roll or emailing them to yourself.
For future use, you might want to look at trying dropbox instead

Aug 14, 2011
yup...they are not in the app anymore..i think they are gone.. thanks anyway