How to save attachment file in email?

iThim

Feb 24, 2008
1) Does anyone know how to save a document file received via email?
2) How do you add new mailbox to save attachments in an email account. In my iPhone there are Inbox, Sent, Draft, Trash...how do i add say Important Docs to it?

Cheers

iThim

Feb 24, 2008
2) How do you add new mailbox to save attachments in an email account. In my iPhone there are Inbox, Sent, Draft, Trash...how do i add say Important Docs to it?

Cheers
Thanks for your input. Looks like iPhone still has a lot of work to do to catch up.

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007

Cheers

1. Can't do

2. You can make a new folder in the mail server. I believe it has to be IMAP to make it possible. You definitely can't do it from the phone.

KaiL

Oct 1, 2008
There is a way!

1)Establish another email account
2)Forward the email with attachment to that account

Your email with attachment will be saved in the Sent folder and you can view them off line.

maxgees

Nov 17, 2008
1)Establish another email account
2)Forward the email with attachment to that account

Your email with attachment will be saved in the Sent folder and you can view them off line.
Excellent! Thanks. You actually don't have to really send it though, you can just move it to Sent folder with the little icon at bottom that has the down arrow inside the file folder. Then just click on Sent and there it is.
Thanks again

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
while we're on this subject, does anyone know if its possible to do this on a jailbroken phone? cause ive been wanting to be able to save some files i get in emails.

KaiL

Oct 1, 2008
Yup, just move the mail to the Sent folder will do.

May 15, 2009
1. Can't do

2. You can make a new folder in the mail server. I believe it has to be IMAP to make it possible. You definitely can't do it from the phone.
it works in msft exchange too

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
You can also take a screen shot (pressing and holding home and sleep button 1 second until the screen flashes). You will then have the document as an .img file saved to your camera roll. Mark

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego

Cheers
1/ If your iPhone is jailbroken, you can use AttachmentSaver, which will save attachements to your iPhone.

2/ I don't think this is possible