HOW TO SAVE MMS from viewmymessage.com?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

beta user

Jul 10, 2007
new york
i got an MMS.

iPhone says "go to www.viewmymessage.com, type in ID XXX, and password XXX".

I see beautiful pic and want to save it to my computer.

but no right clicking to "Save as" or even copy.

it just gives me Loop, Rewind, Play, or FFWD.

But it's not a video, it's a pic.

how to save? help!
:(

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Maybe its flash or something. Try taking a screen shot. PRINT SCREEN button on keyboard then paste into paint and save?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yeah I just ran into this tonight.

I hit the "print screen" button and cropped it in photoshop. It's a bit convoluted, I know.

Just pray that MMS is around the corner...

May 8, 2008
Solution for saving pictures.

i got an MMS.

iPhone says "go to www.viewmymessage.com, type in ID XXX, and password XXX".

I see beautiful pic and want to save it to my computer.

but no right clicking to "Save as" or even copy.

it just gives me Loop, Rewind, Play, or FFWD.

But it's not a video, it's a pic.

how to save? help!:(

There is no way to save that image off of the iPhone itself.
Like the other guy said, you could go to www.viewmyimage.com on your pc/mac and take a screen shot and crop it out in paint.
The only way to be able to go to www.viewmymessage.com ON YOUR iPhone and save it from there is to Jailbreak your iPhone.

http://[URL="http://www.ZiPhone.com"]www.ZiPhone.com[/URL] is the website you want to go to to jailbreak it.
After you jailbreak your iPhone you will see a new icon, Installer, click on it and go to install. Then, all packages. Then look for a package called "IMGsaver". This allows you to save pictures on the internet (www.viewmymessage.com). You also need to download a package called "Safari add-on features". It may not allow you to download IMGsaver without it so you might want to download that first.
YOU MAY need to download a package called "jiggy runtime". Most packages require it but i'm not sure if these do. If they do require it, don't worry, there will be a message that pops up and says so.
The instructions on how to work this App will be in the App itself. It seems pretty self explainitory to me but if you have any questions just email me.
After you have the picture saved onto your iPhone, you can simply email it to yourself. Then all you have to do is get on your email on your home pc/mac and save it from there.

IF YOU DO NOT SEE THOSE PACKAGES IN ALL PACKAGES. IT MEANS YOU HAVE TO GET ALL SOURCES.

So do this:

Go to the new installer App on your iPhone and go to sources. (bottom right)
Then, go to edit in the top right corner then add in the top left corner.
Next, type in this: http://ride4.org/shai.xml
Then click ok and let your sources refresh.
Next, go to the install button (bottom left) and go down to the category "sources". download the package that says "All sources".
This will unlock every source for your iPhone. Which will include the two packages you need that I named above.

I really help this guide helps. Post back if needed.

PhoenixLament

Bronze
Apr 26, 2008
its a lost cause.. try jailbreak and then swirly mms... need to have AT&T add mms to plan
I've been told AT&T won't add mms to an iPhone plan.

Though i'm currently on a family plan with my parents. I have an iPhone, they both have razrs. We share like 1500 minutes, but only my cell gets 1500 txts per month and unlimited internet/dataplan. How do i tack an mms in?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Good to know ^^^

Ya know, you could also just go to the site on your iPhone, zoom in to the pic, do a screenshot, open the shot and zoom in till the safari menu stuff is gone, then do another screenshot. There ya go.

dontshiver

Nov 8, 2008
Good to know ^^^

Ya know, you could also just go to the site on your iPhone, zoom in to the pic, do a screenshot, open the shot and zoom in till the safari menu stuff is gone, then do another screenshot. There ya go.
I think that only works if you have a Mac or use Safari. Even still, it wouldn't work for things like video or music/sound. That's why I use getyourmms, it will send it to you no matter what the file type. I've gotten .3gp, .mp3 and .wav files from them.

Nov 8, 2008
I have no problem saving the photos to my phone when viewing them on the iPhone. After I have put in the message ID and password, I just hold down on the image until the menu comes up asking me if I want to save the image. The image gets saved to my camera roll and looks great.

Jun 30, 2009
I just tried to do a screenshot of a pic & a little box popped up that allowed me to save it to Evernote. From there it was really easy to also save it to my picassa account. I can't say enough about evernote. Their iPhone app is especially handy.