How to select a new ringtone?

roston100

Bronze
Apr 15, 2009
I have just sorted a new ringtone and uploaded it via iTunes...... however when i go into settings, sounds, ringtone.... it isn't there?

any ideas what i have done wrong?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Has the ringtone gone into the 'Ringtones' Tab on the left hand side of iTunes?

Another, quite possible silly question... have you synced your phone since adding this ringtone to iTunes?

Jul 6, 2009
ringtones purchased from iTunes, but can't get them into 'ringtones' tab to sync

I have a similar problem.

I purchased 2 ringtones through iTunes Store. They ARE in my music library but I don't know how to get them into my iPhone. (they were unaltered, not soundbytes of songs, but actual 'ringtones')

In iTunes the ringtones are not in 'my device's' 'ringtones tab' . So I cannot even select the ringtones to sync as they do not appear there.
(Not the left hand side of iTunes that you spoke of... I have no ringtones tab on the left hand side in iTunes. I have iTunes 8 installed, btw)
Also, When i right/control click on the headings in the library there is no 'ringtone' option to check....
(and yes, I have synced my phone.)

Thanks very much.

Saurabh

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
VA
Maybe you need to go to the iPhone tab, your iPhone, and choose to sync the ringtones. I know i had that issue at first. Try it out and let us know.