How to send attachments via email?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MR FLORIDA, Dec 20, 2007.

1. MR FLORIDA

MR FLORIDA New Member

How can i just "ADD" an attachment via email on my iPhone?

I know it says i can go to the PHOTO thing and click on send photo from there...but if im just creating an email to someone...and decide i want to send a pic...how do I do that?

2. Marianne

Marianne Zealot

unfortunately, you can't add a picture once you've already started writing an email - you must go through the photo album and select to email a photo from there from the start...

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. MR FLORIDA

MR FLORIDA New Member

awww! that sucks! :(

thanks for your help though.

5. Rhype

Rhype New Member

New way to send attachments (photos only)

You can download eM@ilSender from the AppStore. Does landscape (sorta) and you can up to 5 photo attachments. Read the description for more info.

6. Picazzo

Picazzo Zealot
    Gold

The name of the app is: eM@il Sender ...looking fine to me!

7. Rhype

Rhype New Member

Spoken like a true ad

I checked it out and it's not worth the bother as far as functionality is concerned. Nice if you have a real cheapo computer and don't want to spring for any of the basic software. But from an iPhone there are better native tools out on the AppStore or through alternative install methods.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. WPeterson

WPeterson New Member
    Bronze

eM@il Sender works well, and awesome. $1.99 is super deal for me.
    about GlideDigital, a little complicated to do that way. but not a bad idea to get mobile to desktop here.

9. Rhype

Rhype New Member

Yeah em@il sender is a much appreciated app. I use that whenever I need to include photos. I wonder if there's a way to fool it into sending other files too. When I don't need to send an attachment I use Easy Email (free version).

10. RA RED

RA RED New Member

For me its of no use

em@il sender is of no use for me because if need to send photo, I can send directly through Photo library I can add note in that too.
    Price is not a concern I need an app that lets me send document as attachment.

I am using Glide, it lets me send any file as attachment and it also lets me edit MS Word file. Any files can be uploaded on computer and that can be accessed on the iPhone. Another amazing feature of Glide is you can upload video in any format, Glide, on iPhone can play it and idownload can download it onto your device.

I can even download files on device if I use Glide in the browser of an app iDownload.
    iDownload with Glide offers full solution but if something new come up even for high price I would definitely go for that.

I like Mobile files pro for keeping all my document on the device and creating spreadsheet right on device but the only problem with it is you can edit or create pages or MS Word.

I am looking for an app that offers full Office support with email attachment facility. If that kind of apps come up I wont mind paying even $30.

11. eric9375

eric9375 New Member

Mr Florida
    I think the app you are looking for is only if you jailbroke your phone. Wildeyes is a app that you can send files through email on your iPhone. You have to be able to put them on your phone which is like iPhone browser or an app that lets you save an attachment.

E

12. copperalex

copperalex New Member

Hey guys, i donwloaded eM@ailSender Lite, and set it up according to the instructions entered in the app, but it always gives me the error message "Incorrect username and password". I have tried it for both Yahoo and Gmail, same problem and the username/password is obviously correct.

Any ideas?

13. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

The 3.0 software update improves email functionality built into the iPhone, as far as the original question goes. It now has landscape emailing. You can select multiple photos from the photo album screen to share, or even decide in the middle of an email you want to attach a photo. You can copy a photo you're looking at in the photo album by pressing and holding, then tapping Copy. Then, in the email, point the magnifying glass where you want to place the photo (best on it's own line) and then tap Paste.

Not sure about the solution to em@ilsender's issue, though, as I never tried that.

14. Teion

Teion New Member

15. Riyadh

Riyadh New Member

just go to folder photos, tap the photo you want to attach for a little while, tap on the "copy. open your mail writing pane and paste it there. You can have multiple attachments this way!

16. JagNL

JagNL New Member

Apple needs to think some of this functionality through - ridiculous that you can't add an attachment after drafting an email!

17. Xtreme LED

Xtreme LED New Member

Multi photo in the app store

18. John Hanks

John Hanks New Member

I attach PDFs, pictures, documents or whatever on my BlackBerry. This functionality has been available on other devices for years.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Muckcityjustin

Gold

iPhone can also do this now just by holding down anywhere in the message body and then when the tab pops up you click the right arrow key and insert image or video.

• Like Like x 2
  20. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

I remember reading about it before but never understood, I just copy and paste, would you tell me with a little more detail how to do it please?

21. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

It's in the same popup as select, copy, and paste, only, there is now an arrow button on the right that you can tap, or scroll to the right of the popup to get to the new option "Insert Photo or Video". So instead of copying, then switching to the email, and pasting, tap the arrow or scroll the popup to get to the "Insert Photo or Video" option.

• Informative Informative x 1