How to send MMS from your iPhone - THE ANSWER HERE

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
Here's how you send a pic to AT&T customers.

Say their phone number is 123-456-7890. All you have to do is send an email to 1234567890@mms.att.net. I just tried sending one to my girlfriend's phone and it worked.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
are you charged with an email or text? Also how does the sent from area look? Will it say sent from 1234567890 or will it give your email address

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Good info. I finally have something noteworthy to put into my notes app. Now if only I could copy paste that elsewhere. :p

Does anyone have the equivalent addresses for Sprint and Alltel?

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Where or how do I set up an @mms.att.net account? I'll say DUH later.:laugh2:

You don't have to set anything up. This is how MMS messages are sent, you just can't pick your contact names off a list and have the phone auto-format this for you. In other words, if you have someone you wanna send MMS to, just go to their name in the contact list, and add an "Email" address to them, and make "phonenumber@mms.att.net", including the area code.

That way, when you wanna email a photo, you can simply select them from your contact list, and it will then send the photo (as an email) to their phone, via MMS.

Jun 30, 2007
Since AT&T recently acquired Cingular - If I am sending an MMS like this to a person who has been a longtime/same-number-for-years Cingular (now AT&T) customer, should I use the Cingluar email or have all Cingular customers been ported to the mms.att.net addresses?
Thanks,
Mike

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Since AT&T recently acquired Cingular - If I am sending an MMS like this to a person who has been a longtime/same-number-for-years Cingular (now AT&T) customer, should I use the Cingluar email or have all Cingular customers been ported to the mms.att.net addresses?
Thanks,
Mike
It should be all ATT now

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
WOW. So you basically have to write all those down until you memorize them, and you have to find out what carrier they have before you send it, and then you have to send an email. That's ridiculous.

fitz62

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
WOW. So you basically have to write all those down until you memorize them, and you have to find out what carrier they have before you send it, and then you have to send an email. That's ridiculous.
cmon man..let's just appreciate it for what it is...2 days ago everybody was complaining about no mms..at least this is something we can work with.

edstroyer

Jul 1, 2007
Good info. I finally have something noteworthy to put into my notes app. Now if only I could copy paste that elsewhere. :p

Does anyone have the equivalent addresses for Sprint and Alltel?
Sprint is <10-digit phone number>@messaging.sprintpcs.com

I don't know what Alltel's is!

juju2682

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
Champaign,IL
So you can set multiple e-mail addresses for each contact, right? I don't have an iPhone yet I was waiting to hear a workaround for mms, among other things.

Jun 8, 2007
You will need to enter the 10 digit number @ ?.

US Based Carriers:

Alltel = xxxxxxxxxx@message.alltel.com
AT&T = xxxxxxxxxx@mms.att.net
Cingular (AT&T) = xxxxxxxxxx@mms.mycingular.com
Einstein PCS = xxxxxxxxxx@einsteinmms.com
T-Mobile = xxxxxxxxxx@tmomail.net
US Cellular = xxxxxxxxxx@mms.uscc.net
Verizon Wireless = xxxxxxxxxx@vzwpix.com

Foreign Carriers:

Aruba setar = xxxxxxxxxx@mas.aw
Bell Canada: xxxxxxxxxx@1x.bell.ca
Cellcom = xxxxxxxxxx@cellcom.quiktxt.com