How to show your Wallpaper without Dock on 1.1.3

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008

This mod allows you to show off your background like you could on 1.1.2 by using Dock. To the best of my knowledge, Dock doesn't work in 1.1.3 anymore :( With a little tinkering with webclips I've stumbled on a way to achieve the same results. Now I just flick left or right to access my icons, and when done I just slide my springboard back to the center screen which I keep blank.

This mod just uses a Summerboard theme, and a modified Webclip Icon. It uses a Webclip that has had it's name edited so it doesn't have one, and has had it's icon replaced with a transparent version. This Webclip is then placed on it's own page as a place holder to achieve a blank page layout.

You don't have to use my Summerboard theme, but you will need to use the Webclip Icon to fake a blank page.

Visit this page for my new Installer Source:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/hosting-my-own-source-for-a-bit.20219/

Last edited by a moderator:

RTWilliams2

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
I have my phone setup the same way except I used the blank app to be my place holder.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Dude. That is one heck of a good stumble, and a very nice trick. I'm gonna switch themes later, and maybe mess with order of screens later (blank one is 5th across right now), but this is very nice. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 10, 2008
How did you make your blank webclip? I have blank app already, but I want to use multiple blank webclips to space my icons (Right-Justify!)
Thanks