How to Stop Emails

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
...go to the post in question, and 'unwatch' it. Or, edit the 'watch' settings for that post, i.e. you watch it, but don't receive emails for it.

I've asked Chris to update the emails to at least include the message in the email. He said that this would be in a future release of the forum.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
For future readers, head to your watched threads here and click on a thread in the list which you now see. When the thread has launched, look at the top left (just above the OP) and you'll see unwatch thread - click that :)

Job done.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
Actually, you can continue to know about subscribed/watched threads and discontinue receiving emails. There are 2 check boxes. The first one, to unsubscribe, overrides the second, to stop receiving emails. You can continue to watch threads without receiving the email notifications. These options are under ... "More Options" when in "Watched Threads". You can also make that your default, i.e. watch the thread but don't send email notifications.

YMMV

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Actually, you can continue to know about subscribed/watched threads and discontinue receiving emails. There are 2 check boxes. The first one, to unsubscribe, overrides the second, to stop receiving emails. You can continue to watch threads without receiving the email notifications. These options are under ... "More Options" when in "Watched Threads". You can also make that your default, i.e. watch the thread but don't send email notifications.

YMMV
This is how it's done and yes, it works.

Aug 31, 2010
Can I somehow stop email notifications for private messages/conversations? I still want the red bubble alert on the site/app, but I don't want an email everytime someone posts in a conversation I'm in.