How to stop play? and another question..

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

alinton

Oct 28, 2007
Hi all, just got my iPhone, and it rocks!
But I have a couple of questions that I can't find the answers to:

1. How do I stop playback of a song?
2. In iTunes, how do I delete songs from the iPhone? The library of songs is shown grayed out so I can't select any song and delete.

I'd prefer to transfer songs manually to the iPhone rather than allow it to synch, how do I set this up please?

Thanks for your help.

(oh, the iPhone is v 1.02)

Andy, Waterford, Ireland.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Not sure about stoping song play, but I believe the only way to delete a song is through iTunes on your mac or pc....that's how it works with my ipood anyways...someone with an iPhone here can clarify this for you, but I'm 99% sure that's right...

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Ya know, I got to thinking about something, Since there is now an online store on the iPhone maybe you can delete songs on the go.

If you download them directly from the phone then surely you can delete at least those songs.....dunno...

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
Ya know, I got to thinking about something, Since there is now an online store on the iPhone maybe you can delete songs on the go.

If you download them directly from the phone then surely you can delete at least those songs.....dunno...
nope. No way to delete any song from the phone. Only videos. And on iTunes you have to sync but if you don't want some certain songs on your phone you can plug it in to your computer and select sync chevked items only, then find all yhe songs you don't want and uncheck them. Or you can make one very large playlist with all the songs that you want on yiur phone and then in the misic tab of the iPhone section select sync only these playlist (or whatever its called) and then check each playlist that you want. And sync. So if you want to delete a song just delete it from that playlist and sync it again. As for stoping play in the ipod. All you can do is hit pause, or while in the ipod part, hold down the home button till it takes you back to the home screen. (i think its about 6 seconds)

alinton

Oct 28, 2007
Yep it seems the only way to delete songs is to do so from iTunes.

What I've done though, is create a playlist on iTunes called 'iPhone' and another called 'ipod' (as I have both).

Then when the iPhone is connected I check 'synch playlists' and only check the 'iPhone' playlist.

That way I can haveb just the songs I want in the iPhone, whereas the ipod has all my stuff, it being 60GB and thew iPhone only 8.

Its strange though that there's no 'stop' button in the iPhone's ipod.

Andy.

asgord

Jul 2, 2009
stop song playing

on iPhone drag top bar to end that will stop song or if an album is selected select last song and drag top bar to far rt to ens song stipid it doesn't have a stop button

Darkhova

Bronze
Jun 29, 2009
New Jersey,USA
Click manually manage music and videos if you don't want to sync and if u jus want to drag and drop wut u want on your ipod and u will also be able to delete wut u want