How to stop sending a text?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Hkloester said:
thanks warrior - seems that can actually work! - it doesn't work if it's a small text and just shoots through -BUT - for longer messages and certainly anything with a photo etc., i tried it and i did have time to go to settings and hit the airplane mode - and guess what - it worked!. back to messages and it comes up "this message can not be sent in airplane mode" - so that's the best tip so far for sure and if really quick, and its an emergency seems it can get you out of hot water! thanks bud
Glad to help :)

Sometimes it's the simplest of things that people overlook.

P.S stop cheating on your partner lol (JOKE)

Hkloester

May 26, 2010
i notice your profile it has a number of thanks etc., i can't see where you click on a thanks to log on another for you... so thanks!

Hkloester

May 26, 2010
thanks for thanking iPhonewarrior, but im still none the wiser... how do you do that. i've looked everywhere for a little 'thanks' icon to click on or a thumbs up or something and i can't find anything?

shupik69

Silver
May 11, 2010
louisiana/Africa
Look on his last post to the bottom left...there is a thanks w/a thumb turned up...hit that and ya got it!

It doesn't show up on your post..as ive learned..u cant thank yourself...it would be on whom ever your thanking's post!

JusSumguy

Bronze
Apr 6, 2010
The OP immediately reminded me of that that a Seinfeld episode where George tries to retrieve a phone message from a girls house.

Of course, with Jerry's help.

-

imartin79

Nov 25, 2011
Here's how I do it..

When the message is sending, quickly press 'Edit' (on top right of screen) tick the dot to the left of the sending message and press 'Delete'.

Works for me anyway. Hope this helps!

Vonwachtstain

Bronze
Jan 2, 2011
CT, USA
If you had that option to stop it you would complain that you hit it accidentally all the time. How many of you type a message hit send and then lock the phone. Than while you are getting mad the other person is not responding you go to that conversation again and find out you actually never sent the last text.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I had the Delay send tweak for email and when I had bitesms, I loved having the delay feature. Had mine at 2.5 seconds. Wish it was a native ability.