how to stop text messages from sending?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
hey all,

i tried searching for an answer to this question but i was not successful..

anways, does anyone know if there is a way we can stop a text message from sending while the "send bar" is completing.

ie. you've written a text message and your sending it to someone only to realize its sending to the wrong person and you want to stop it.

thanks

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
i don't think there is a way to stop them unfortunately.

sometimes i don't think about it and send it to the wrong person XD
that's always good for a laugh

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
i don't think there is also i wish there was yesterday i sent the wrong girl a message and it sucked i was trying to cancel it but nothing i could do

K

kate11

You could tell the wrong person that you send a wrong message. It doesn't matter to him/her probably.

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
well i sent a message to a girl like a real nice message if you know what i mean and i cant just say hey didn't meant to say that lol

coal0101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
the new drunk dialing

Does anyone know if there is a way to recall a message you sent the night before? I need to recall some messages after a heavy night of drinking:)

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
just go into SMS and look for that persons name you suspect you sent to. Once you click on their name, it will show you history, with dates and times that "conversations" started.
Plus the most recently text will show the contact towards the top of the list.

tmoce

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
hey all,

i tried searching for an answer to this question but i was not successful..

anways, does anyone know if there is a way we can stop a text message from sending while the "send bar" is completing.

ie. you've written a text message and your sending it to someone only to realize its sending to the wrong person and you want to stop it.

thanks

You can try the unorthodox way of going right away to settings put it in airplane mode. Then if I’m not mistaken the message will go to outbox. Just go there and delete it. I say this in theory since a couple of times my messages have failed to send is because no signal and I had to go to outbox to re-send them.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
You can try the unorthodox way of going right away to settings put it in airplane mode. Then if I’m not mistaken the message will go to outbox. Just go there and delete it. I say this in theory since a couple of times my messages have failed to send is because no signal and I had to go to outbox to re-send them.
Text messages have no outbox, you're most likely thinking of e-mail.

coal0101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
hmm

just go into SMS and look for that persons name you suspect you sent to. Once you click on their name, it will show you history, with dates and times that "conversations" started.
Plus the most recently text will show the contact towards the top of the list.
How does that reverse or recall what has been sent out? That would just be reliving the shame.