How to store and organize music

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Johnlennon78, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Johnlennon78

Johnlennon78 Member
    Bronze

Hello guys! Need help in knowing how to store and organize music files in iPhone. I used to have a bb and it was easy as I would store the file just by creating a folder and drop
    and drag into it. howeveber it seems impossible with the iPhone. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

2. FlwrPwer

FlwrPwer Evangelist
    Gold

First of all...one of the only reasons I'm responding is because I LOVE your avatar and name. hehehehe. I'm a huge Beatles fan myself and while Ringo is my favorite, I love, love, love John! In fact, I had a car named Lennon after him. Anyway, to your question.

The iPhone really organizes the music for you. Unless you create a playlist. I do all my organizing of music and making of playlists in iTunes. But if you go on your phone, you will see that you can search and play music by artist, title, etc. How exactly do you want to organize the music?

3. Johnlennon78

Johnlennon78 Member
    Bronze

Hello! Thanks for your reply and me too I love my avatar! Yeah I want to store my file by creating folders and subfolders. Folder like 90s music and RAP, Rock, jazz etc as subfolders. Thats what I meant

4. FlwrPwer

FlwrPwer Evangelist
    Gold

If you go into your iPod under "More" they have your music already split up for you. I'm not sure that you can do it yourself. I usually just create playlists. Like I have a Beatles playlist, Billy Joel, Christmas music, etc. I don't think you can do the folders/subfolders thing, but I could be wrong.

5. Johnlennon78

Johnlennon78 Member
    Bronze

Hey thanks for your help!

6. FlwrPwer

FlwrPwer Evangelist
    Gold

You're welcome. Hope it did help!