How to surprise my wife with her new iPhone

Sludge

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
North Fort Worth
As some recall, my wife wanted my Blackberry and I used her upgrade for my iPhone. Today, not even 3 weeks later, I went and got her one so she would keep her hands off mine. She does not know it yet, she is sleeping, but she will have a great surprise when she wakes up this afternoon..

Any ideas how I can spring this on her? She will love it. The only thing is the iPhone is nothing you just hand to someone and say here is your phone.... Trying to be unique with it, just not sure what to do...

Hurry we have 3.5 hours till she wakes up!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Is it activated? If so, I'd put it in her pocketbook with a sappy caller-ID photo setup for your contact, and give it a call when she's not expecting it. As she answers it, confused, you come around the corner talking on yours. It should sink in then.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Oh good idea Dave. It does really depend on if it's already activated because you can certainly use the "ability to receive calls" feature to your advantage in a number of ways.

Sludge

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
North Fort Worth
Is it activated? If so, I'd put it in her pocketbook with a sappy caller-ID photo setup for your contact, and give it a call when she's not expecting it. As she answers it, confused, you come around the corner talking on yours. It should sink in then.

It is activated... her old.. now dead blackberry is beside the bed. she uses it for her alarm clock..

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
I would hide her old phone. When she looks for it tell her to "call it" and follow the ring. There on the table neatly wraped and ringing will be the box with her new iPhone.

Your in Bud, congrads. A new iPhone should put you on the good list for at least a day or so.

Sludge

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
North Fort Worth
Thanks for the ideas guys... I am adding all her contacts and apps now. Sappy picture of me in the dog is set up for my contact... I like the "find" the ringing phone idea a bunch. Our bull dog loves to hide things in his crate. I may just have to put the phone in there and keep him out and start calling it when she wakes up looking for it.

LionOfTheSouthUK

Bronze
Jul 23, 2008
I would hide her old phone. When she looks for it tell her to "call it" and follow the ring. There on the table neatly wraped and ringing will be the box with her new iPhone.

Your in Bud, congrads. A new iPhone should put you on the good list for at least a day or so.
This one gets my vote

Sludge

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
North Fort Worth
lol...yeah no doubt... the cartier thing would not go over so good... sure she would like the iPhone, hell I don't even think I could afford a cartier box...

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
Thanks for the ideas guys... I am adding all her contacts and apps now. Sappy picture of me in the dog is set up for my contact... I like the "find" the ringing phone idea a bunch. Our bull dog loves to hide things in his crate. I may just have to put the phone in there and keep him out and start calling it when she wakes up looking for it.
As some recall, my wife wanted my Blackberry and I used her upgrade for my iPhone. Today, not even 3 weeks later, I went and got her one so she would keep her hands off mine. She does not know it yet, she is sleeping, but she will have a great surprise when she wakes up this afternoon..

Any ideas how I can spring this on her? She will love it. The only thing is the iPhone is nothing you just hand to someone and say here is your phone.... Trying to be unique with it, just not sure what to do...

Hurry we have 3.5 hours till she wakes up!

WOW what a great guy! That's a great gift & very thoughtful on wanting to give it to her w/a unique way. It took me a year to talk my husband into buying mine, but then when he finally gave in or got tired of hearing me he bought one for himself too.

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
Just give it to her. The phone's beauty speaks for itself.

Sludge

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
North Fort Worth
Well leave it to my wife to spoil my surprise. I had it all set up in the box waiting for her on the book shelf in our flex room. No reason for her to go in there at all I said to my self as I put the box up there.... Sure enough she wakes up goes straight into that room to get a baby wipe off the shelf that just so happens to be sitting next to the iPhone box. She looks at me with a happy surprised look on her face, but im like what the freakin hell? so I called her as soon as she opened it and she got to see the picture with me and the bulldog..:cool:

Thanks for all of the great tips and ideas gang... she loved it! Uhmm she really loved it.... now I need a sandwhich ;)

M

mushroom-eater

Hmm... sounds cool. Can you please give some more info about this?

Voltaic Shock

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Leesburg, VA
I wish I could get my wife the iPhone, but she is on VZW and I don't have access to cancel her account and move it over to AT&T - :p