How to sync music between iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bams50, Jun 15, 2015.

1. bams50

bams50 Contributor
    Bronze

Can't figure out how to get all the music from my 4s onto my 6 plus. ITunes recognozes both phones. When I added the 6+ to my iTunes, all my contacts, apps, and PURCHASED music loaded, but not the ones I had ripped to iTunes from CDs. Is this possible?

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The music that you ripped in iTunes has since been deleted from iTunes?

If so, you'll have to use an app. Do you have a Mac or PC?

3. bams50

bams50 Contributor
    Bronze

PC.
    This is not the computer I originally used for my iTunes. But when I plug in the 4s, it shows all the music I want. Just can't get the ripped ones to transfer to the 6+.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

5. bams50

bams50 Contributor
    Bronze

Just wanted to thank you for the response. Haven't had time to get into trying to figure out how to do what you said. It will take some doing since I am not a computer or phone whiz. The app linked seems to show how to get music from a phone into a computer, which I already have. The music is in one phone and shows up in iTunes, but won't sync to the other phone. Still have no idea how to fix that. But thanks anyway.

6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Do you have "Show All Music" toggled on in Settings > Music > Show All Music on your new phone?

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's a three-step process. The computer is the middle man. The app links I posted will allow you to transfer the music from the 4S to your computer. Once you've used the apps to transfer the missing music to the computer, you can move it into iTunes. Then you can sync your 6 Plus with iTunes and all of the music that is on your 4S will now be on your 6 Plus.

8. Lancetper

Lancetper New Member

I agree with your idea