How to sync photos to iPhone

Brandon!

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I haven't been able to get any of my photos (all in .JPG format) to sync with my iPhone. When I go to iTunes (Windows) and I tell it which directories to sync, they never appear in my iPhone Photos. If I watch the status in iTunes, it says optimizing photos... syncing photos... but nothing seems to get uploaded. I used to get a popup that said "XX photos couldn't be uploaded", but I don't get that anymore (not sure if I accidentally hit "don't show me this again").

Is there something special I have to do to my photos? I did try resizing them to 1600x1200@72dpi like the iPhone takes, but that didn't do anything for me!

hiphop101

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
I haven't been able to get any of my photos (all in .JPG format) to sync with my iPhone. When I go to iTunes (Windows) and I tell it which directories to sync, they never appear in my iPhone Photos. If I watch the status in iTunes, it says optimizing photos... syncing photos... but nothing seems to get uploaded. I used to get a popup that said "XX photos couldn't be uploaded", but I don't get that anymore (not sure if I accidentally hit "don't show me this again").

Is there something special I have to do to my photos? I did try resizing them to 1600x1200@72dpi like the iPhone takes, but that didn't do anything for me!
You'll have to turn off your firewall in preference...if youre using a mac

Dec 8, 2009
I have synced a few photos on my iPhone and it went well. I selected the proper folder and what not. Now that I go to view my newly added photos it shows up as two separate folders with the same exact photos. One is the the folder that i wanted to sync to the iPhone and the other looks like a new album that the phone creates called photo library. Is there any way I can sync folders without having multiples of them?

Dec 8, 2009
Why thank you! Very nice of you! I see under your profile you can "thank" someone. Since I'm only a couple hours new to this why not I ask you! So how do you go about doing that?

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
When you have over (I think ) 10 posts, you will see a thanks button under peoples posts. You just click that and they get thanks! :)

Welcome to EIC

isaingj

Bronze
Dec 4, 2011
I have a large library of photos on my PC. There are some photos that I would like to carry with my on my iPhone. How do i sync photos from my PC to my iPhone 4S?

manamaboy

Nov 24, 2008
How do i sync photos from my PC to my iPhone 4S?
On a PC, the sync will be done between a folder(s) and the photos app in iPhone.

Remember that pics residing the camera roll, is NOT synced in this process. You have to manually copy paste into your PC !

Hope this clarifies.