How to synchronize camera roll between iPhone 4S and Windows 7?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Oscar Lee

Oct 31, 2011
Tampines, Singapore
I want to synchronize photos and videos from my iPhone 4S to a folder known as 'iPhone 4S' on my Windows 7 PC. However, if I set sync photos and select that folder in iTunes, iTunes synchronizes all the photos on that computer folder and creates a new album on my iPhone known as iPhone 4S. What I want to do is just to make sure that the contents of the camera roll remains the same on both the iPhone and on the PC. How can I do so? I don't want new albums to be created.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I want to synchronize photos and videos from my iPhone 4S to a folder known as 'iPhone 4S' on my Windows 7 PC. However, if I set sync photos and select that folder in iTunes, iTunes synchronizes all the photos on that computer folder and creates a new album on my iPhone known as iPhone 4S. What I want to do is just to make sure that the contents of the camera roll remains the same on both the iPhone and on the PC. How can I do so? I don't want new albums to be created.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2615500?start=0&tstart=0

Oscar Lee

Oct 31, 2011
Tampines, Singapore
So it is not possible to maintain the both in sync without duplicating photos already on the phone based on this sentence: "Photo library consist of photos synced to iPhone from your computer, while Camera Roll is temporary storage for photos taken/saved from iPhone ( until they can be imported to your computer, where you can organize them and sync whatever you like back to iPhone)."?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
So it is not possible to maintain the both in sync without duplicating photos already on the phone based on this sentence: "Photo library consist of photos synced to iPhone from your computer, while Camera Roll is temporary storage for photos taken/saved from iPhone ( until they can be imported to your computer, where you can organize them and sync whatever you like back to iPhone)."?
Your camera roll is full of pictures you've taken with the camera or saved from messages or downloaded from Safari etc. You will need to manually take them from the phone and sort them into whichever folders you desire.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Think of it like a digital camera. The photos are stored on a memory card (the phone) and you need to transfer them to your computer for safe keeping.