How to transfer contacts from Nokia phone to iPhone?

1. jreif New Member

Yes, I am a noobie. I have searched the forums and the FAQ's and have not found the answer that I need. Can someone please help me?
    I have my sim card contacts from my Nokia on a flash drive. I have Outlook 2007 Prof. version on my PC, running XP. When I went to import the sim card contacts, there does not seem to be a way to do this with the extension that my file has. The file is: BOOK_001.PBB
    There is .PAB, but no .PBB listed to import to Outlook.

Can anyone guide me through this?
    TIA

2. The Apple Zealot Gold

I would go to AT&T and see if they can transfer the information from card to card. I am not sure that they will be able to do that though. I never worried about transferring information, I was having so much fun entering all my contacts that it was not a chore at all. Entering information helped me get use to the keyboard and the user interface!

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. jreif New Member

AT&T are the ones that put the info on the flash drive to begin with. AT&T says that they are not computer people and they can only put the info on the flash drive then it is up to me from there. I am very good at following directions on how to do anything with a computer, that is if the info is there. I cannot find the proper way to transfer this info from my flash drive to my iPhone.
    So... does anyone know how do I get it off of there and onto my iPhone?
    (see my original post my details.)
    Thanks

5. netshadow Member Bronze

use nokia pc suite

You will need to use the Nokia PC Suite available from Nokia to transfer your contacts to outlook. You will need to then sync your iPhone through iTunes with outlook- the extension for the contacts to work is a vcards extension. Once you have done this- you should have the contacts from your nokia phone on your iPhone, you may have to tweak the contacts into the groups that you want before your final sync. Also, make a backup copy to another directory, prior to making your iPhone sync. A sync after downloading iTunes 7.4 ate all of my contacts! THis should work but the key will be to use Nokia PC suite with the Nokia- available from their website.

6. jreif New Member

Thanks for your help and the suggestion. I'm going to try this :)

7. Indy Zealot Gold

Good Luck dood. :)

8. jreif New Member

OK, I tried this, but 2 problems came up.
    1. I think that my Nokia 6340i is too old for this software and

2.The SIM card is not responding since the AT&T guy copied the info to the flash drive and that I have activated the iPhone account.

Any other ideas on how to get a file BOOK_001.PBB from the flash drive to the PC?

9. Twinnie New Member Bronze

A quick Google says that the .PBB file is an MS Mail address information file. Open Outlook and go through file->import or something like that. I wouldn't know exactly though because I don't use Outlook.

*edit*
    Scratch that.
    http://www.nokiausa.com/A4410384

10. al_lea New Member

11. Attila New Member

I've found an app in the App Store which has copied 300+ contacts from my Nokia E72 to my new iPhone 4S pretty easily. I had to download a Java Applet to the E72 which has uploaded the contacts to the "cloud" (no registration or stuff like that; I hate those) and has given me an access code. After that I had to enter the code in the iPhone app and then my contacts appeared on the iPhone in seconds. It isn't perfect though, because it copies only two phone numbers per contact, so I've lost some details during the transfer, but still it has saved me quite some headache. The app is called "ConCopy".

12. rambo47 Contributor Silver

Is there any way to import the Nokia contacts to Google?

13. srinivas New Member

It is simple , I dint hav pc suite but found the contacts folder on my memory card and downloaded them to windows contacts, from iTunes synced windows contacts wid iPhone, dint lose any contacts chose the merge option