How to Unbrick, Jailbreak, and UNLOCK

Chris.Carter770

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
Hey all. Just wanted to let everyone know how I did it and Join the fun in making my guide as to what I've accomplished in hopes of helping others who Has a bricked iPhone. If I did this, You can do this.

If you are on a OTB 1.1.2, you must downgrade the phone to 1.1.1 in order to repair the baseband.

1. Put iPhone in Restore mode: Power and home button
2. Install Restore 1.1.1
3. At end of restore, will get a 1015 error message
4.Run Ap-Tap: http://www.nullriver.com/~adam/AppTappInstaller.exe Select 1.0.2. Will bring phone out of recovery mode.
5. At the end or running Ap - Tap will get a Error "Send to iPhone Failed".
6. Now I will be at the Slide for emergency screen: follow these instructions below to bypass activation

1. Make sure you have a SIM-card with PIN turned off, and power on your phone (the supplied AT&T card works fine).
  2. On the activation screen, slide for emergency and dial: *#301# to make the phone call itself. (If the incoming call dialog quickly disappears but it keeps ringing, just dial 0 (remove *#301# first), and it will call itself)
  3. Answer the call, and tap on Hold
  4. Phone will call it self again, tap Decline. You will now be returned to the normal dialer.
  5. Tap on contacts, and tap the + icon to add a new. The only info you are going to add to this contact are two URL's. To add a URL, tap Add new URL. The first URL is prefs followed by a colon: prefs: and the second is jailbreakme.com. Tap Save.
  6. Your contact now has two "web pages" - tap on the first one (prefs:). This will take you to the settings dialog. The reason you want this, is because you need to connect to a Wi-Fi network, so tap on Wi-Fi, and get connected to a network, and make sure the icon on top of the screen is indicating that you are connected. While you are in the settings dialog, you should also set: General → Auto-Lock → Never.
  7. Now, press the home button, and again, slide for emergency dial 0, Answer the call, Hold and Decline the new call so that you get to the contacts. Tap on your contact (No Name), and this time tap on the other home page, jailbreakme.com
  8. Safari will launch and show you a webpage. Read through the text, before you Install AppSnapp
  9. Phone will return to activation screen, but don't panic, just wait.
  10. Phone should automaticly restart after almost a minute. . If it does not restart withing 2 minutes, click here.
  11. When the phone starts again, it should no longer say slide for emergency, but rather Slide to unlock It means it was successful! Activation is now bypassed, and phone prepared for software installation! (If you are going to use an AT&T SIM, you won't need to do the next step.)
Now it's time to virginize the phone:
You would want to virginize if you upgraded to 1.1.1, and have 0049xxx IMEI. Check this in Settings → General → About.

1. Set Settings → General → Auto Lock → Never
  2. Start Installer and update it if it asks. Tap on Sources, Edit, and Add http://i.unlock.no/ as a repository.
  3. Make sure you have BSD Subsystem installed. If it's installed it's listed in "Uninstall", if not listed, tap on Install and goto the System category and install it.
  4. Now, install The Virginizer found in the Unlocking Tools category. This will take almost 10 minutes to complete.
  5. When done, restore your phone to get 1.1.1 firmware reinstalled (this is not necessary if you are going to upgrade to 1.1.2)
  6. When phone has been restored, you can Activate and unlock as normal.
Now you want to install AnySim 1.1 to unlock the phone.
Install anySIM 1.1 Open Installer on your iPhone. Add the i.unlock.no source http://i.unlock.no
Go to unlocking Tools, Click and install anysim, when you get the anysim program on your screen, go into the ap and run.

You are now Unbricked, Jailbroken and Unlocked

lowsparkco

Nov 9, 2008
I tried this, but I'm not sure it will work with a 2.2 iPhone. Mine isn't even recognized by iTunes without the activation sim inside. If anyone has any tips for how to unbrick without the sim that was sold with the phone (I bought my phone on a prepay plan in Peru but lost the sim after activation not thinking I would ever have to activate again) I would greatly appreciate any help in turning my $800 piece of plastic back into the phone I was enjoying using the last couple of weeks.