How to uninstall Installer?

muckymucky

Bronze
Aug 19, 2007
aye Bay~Bay~
i installed Installer on the phone through downloading the .exe on their website. now i know if i brickr was used to install installer, it can be completely deleted. but since it wasn't. how do u get rid of it without restoring? i don't want to accept "no" for an answer. need help, thank you.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
i installed Installer on the phone through downloading the .exe on their website. now i know if i brickr was used to install installer, it can be completely deleted. but since it wasn't. how do u get rid of it without restoring? i don't want to accept "no" for an answer. need help, thank you.

Download this: http://iPhone.natetrue.com/iphone-binkit-0.06.tar.gz
Unzip it.
Open winSCP and copy RM to the /bin directory.
Right click the RM file you just copied and choose properties.
Set the permission to 755.
Go to /Applications directory, right click the installer.app and click delete.

cybergreg

Jul 21, 2007
First I have to ask 'why' do you feel you need to remove Installer app?

Regardles, ironically use Installer and install Finder (another invaluable iPhone app) and simply delete this folder:
/Applications/Installer.app

:cool:

InTheLBC.

Bronze
Apr 1, 2007
Palmdizzy.
First I have to ask 'why' do you feel you need to remove Installer app?

Regardles, ironically use Installer and install Finder (another invaluable iPhone app) and simply delete this folder:
/Applications/Installer.app

:cool:
im deleting it because it messed up my phone and now everytime i plug in my phone to the computer my iTunes freezes up.

MotherTucker

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
wow - man I don't know if the people who mod there phones are geniuses or need mental help. You all got a lot of balls - I guess we should maybe thank you for pushing the envelope, but I really feel bad for you when it all goes wrong.

Aug 28, 2008
look guys you all are gay so frack off, but if any body wants to know how to upgrade there iPhone to 2.0 contact me or suck my ballzzzzzzzzz.