How to uninstall third party apps

Dec 31, 2007
I just jailbroke my iPhone v. 1.0.2. I got too happy with my installer and downloaded too many files that did not fit my screen. I cant scroll vertically or horizontally to look at all my files. Now i only have games in my home screen and i cant find my "installer" button. How do i go about finding it or removing some apps without installer?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I just jailbroke my iPhone v. 1.0.2. I got too happy with my installer and downloaded too many files that did not fit my screen. I cant scroll vertically or horizontally to look at all my files. Now i only have games in my home screen and i cant find my "installer" button. How do i go about finding it or removing some apps without installer?

Look up MacManPro on the forum, he did just that today and can help you, he should see this.

Dec 31, 2007
I cant find it...Anyone please? This really sucks :mad:

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I cant find it...Anyone please? This really sucks :mad:
I kow you don't wanna hear this, but if it were me, I wouls just do a restore and start all over again. It's really more painless than you think, and a restore is similar to a restore/recovery on a computer, in that everything runs great again!

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
If you are on a Windows machine download a program called ibrickr. Use that program to install another program called Dock. Dock will put a small sunburst in the lower right of your screen. You put your finger on it and it will open up with an arc of icons and you will be able to get to installer. Then open Installer, install Summerboard and you will be able to scroll through your icons.

Dec 31, 2007
I have ibrickr already, am i supposed to download "Dock" via internet explorer or is it already in the ibrickr program? Also if i were to restore using iTunes, my iPhone will still be on 1.0.2 correct? and since i have apptapp "installer" will it mess anything up?

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Sorry for the delay getting back to you. It will be listed in the applications in the iBrickr program and you can just install it from that program. As far as restoring you would restore it using a shift click method (search for the instructions on this forum) and it would restore it back to 1.0.2 and you would just need to re-jailbreak it. Installing dock is far easier if you can do that.

Dec 31, 2007
Its cool man, thanks for your help. But i have a few more questions, Should i install the PLX DAEMON thingy from ibrickr in order to use the applications? Can i uninstall the ibrickr stuff after i fix my install?