How to unlock a jailbroken iPhone v1.1.1?

yuuphone

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
I am wondering if anybody can help show me or teach me how to unlock my iPhone so it can use any sim card from any carrier.

It is running v1.1.1 right now, is jailbroken and has the installer app. Is there a place I can download the AnySim app to unlock it? My computer is a Mac OS X if that matters. Thanks in advance...

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
unless you have a 1.12 OTB phone, you can just click installer, hit sources, edit, add to sources, and add I.unlock.no, then you can download anySIM via wifi.

yuuphone

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
^The whole time I knew what to do except I didn't turn the WiFi on! :p
Anyway, I installed AnySim and I guess I unlocked it but I haven't try a T-mobile sim card yet because I can't find one. Hopefully it does work! :laugh2:

yuuphone

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Well, I just put a T-Mobile sim card into the phone after I unlocked it using AnySim but it didn't give me the T-mobile logo at the top left? Does anybody know what's wrong?

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you used anySIM 1.2.1 on 04.02.13 baseband.. only on a 1.1.1 phone.

you have to make the baseband on 1.1.1 - 04.01.13

you do this by going into installer
hitting sources adding a source - I.unlock.no
then go into install, hit system category, download bsd subsystem
then hit unlocking tools, download baseband downgrader,

then restore again to 1.1.1

tizzle

Bronze
Oct 20, 2007
Anysim 1.1 did not work for me until I downgraded my baseband then virginized the phone. I don't know if you have to downgrade the baseband or not but it worked after I did both. I unlocked 2 phone with that process.