how to upload music / sync cal... without using iTunes

al128

Apr 7, 2009
Hi there,

I have a JB'd iPhone 2G (FW 2.1) and would like to add music and sync agenda/calendar/contacts WITHOUT using iTunes ...

what software would I want to use?

thx for any pointers,

al, the iPhone virgin ;-)

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I can't think of an alternative music sync option off hand, though you've got Orb and various options for streaming music.

As for agenda (assume that means tasks), contacts, calendar, there are quite a few options.

Google Sync will let you wirelessly sync contacts and calendar, just as one example. Pocket Informant will do calendar and tasks (and is due to add notes and contacts in future updates).

Toodledo, Remember The Milk, various others offer online sync for tasks plus native apps to sync with those. Things and Omnifocus both offer superb Mac desktop plus iPhone tasks mgmt apps with wireless sync ...

al128

Apr 7, 2009
What is the reason for not using iTunes?

i dislike it ... its bloated, big, writes a lot of stuff in the autorun section, etc...

and i cant get a playlist with 20 mp3s from my computer to copy to the iPhone

(i am using xp - fwiw)

I found another program (i-funbox) - but it cant copy mediafiles TO the phone (just from)

HOW THE HECK DO I GET MUSIC to the iPhone? :mad:

thx for lending me a hand ;-)

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
You can use an app to store it on the phone like airsharing or something similar. It just wont be in the ipod app.

spikedfo

Bronze
Oct 29, 2008
If your iPhone firmware is still 1.X, then there are some software can sync music/videos without iTunes

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
You can use an app called i-funbox or senuti for pc and mac, that transfers your music and photos at least!