how to use installer?

jakhsnil

May 19, 2008
i am new with Apple iPhone 1.1.4 version so please please guide me to use installer in detail and whether any type of connections like GPRS OR WI FI is needed to use installer or it can directly be used as like other phones?

i am not able to use any type of installer programme? it shows error msg like"Error Package download failed:can't find host!"
so please guide me how to use installer
urgently
thanks

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
You're going to want to use WiFi because the packages will install MUCH faster that way but EDGE will also work if WiFi isn't available.

You want to first install BSD Subsytem as this is required by basically anything. After that what you install is really up to you. Once you choose to download a package the icon for the application will automatically be placed on your homescreen and you can move it from there. I recommend Summerboard as it allows for fairly easy customization of the phone.

jakhsnil

May 19, 2008
thanks buddy
but if i want to use wi fi then is it necessary that my airtel network should have gprs or any other internet connection?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Are you not using AT&T? If you're not on AT&T and you don't have accessible WiFi then you're going to need the data package that your subscriber offers otherwise you won't be able to connect to Installer and download the content.

jakhsnil

May 19, 2008
yap
so what type of data packages we can search for means from airtel network?
secondly i am having internet connection with work place and i can manage wi fi connection at work place but i have synchronized iPhone from my home pc which doesn't have wi fi and intenet.so is it possible that if i connect wi fi at office place i can lost data?
basically please explain me why iPhone needed wifi connection to use installer?is it connects with internet?

philip

Mar 9, 2008
Installer : Problem installing "community sources" always says "Error Package download failed:can't find host!" Do I have to reset any script settings or what.?

alisma

Jul 3, 2008
please help

Are you not using AT&T? If you're not on AT&T and you don't have accessible WiFi then you're going to need the data package that your subscriber offers otherwise you won't be able to connect to Installer and download the content.
wheneve i m trying to install anything the message '' Error..package download failed!'' is coming on the screen. i am also connected vis Wifi...now i don't have any clue what to do !

i live in netherlands and use T-mobile service. please help in installing softwares!

thanks