How to Use Notifications Center in iOS 5 on your iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Christopher Meinck, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Christopher Meinck

Christopher Meinck Administrator
    Administrator

#1 Christopher Meinck, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014
  2. Bazza1

Bazza1 New Member

Thanks for this reminder on how to best use Notifications. Now if only Apple would do something about Reminders so that it doesn't suck so badly. No ability to view events by date within the app, so one must simply wait for the event's reminder to pop up via Notifications the date you set for it.

Yanked Reminders from Notifications and replaced it with a 3rd Party program that, yes, syncs with online and my other iDevice.

3. Christopher Meinck

Christopher Meinck Administrator
    Administrator

What 3rd party app are you using?

4. Xtreme LED

Xtreme LED New Member

An LED so I know at a glance that something has happened without having to touch the phone. I don't get why Apple cant do this. I don't want to push a button to find nothing. Give me an LED that flashes a color when something has happened whether its a missed call, Email, SMS whatever.

5. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

iOS 5.x: Settings, general, accessibility/ LED flash for alerts.
    ImageUploadedByiCafe1327764813.384867.jpg

6. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

I have this turned on and it has never worked. What am I missing?

Target

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app

7. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Run a test say from your desktop. Keep the iPhone face down and in easy view. For that 1 second when the message arrives you should notice the flash blink. Can understand that you've never noticed it before.

Really, kind of useless in my book unless the thing continually flashes till the notice is confirmed. I understand though that doing so would eat the battery big time. Not sure why even implement it other than for the marketing benefit that technically the thing now has LED notification. Hopefully the 6th iPhone will have a little LED on the front for notifications. (this criticism is a knock on the feature and not the original poster)

8. Bazza1

Bazza1 New Member

I have a Google account - hardly ever used - so I set up Google Tasks and then downloaded the GoTasks app to both my iPhone and iPad. Everything syncs without issue between devices, I can view them by date access and GoTasks works with Notifications. As an added bonus, I can also view, add and delete these online.