How to use rSBT and Summerboard

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

aky

Bronze
Oct 7, 2007
i was told by the person who i bought my iPhone from to use rSBT and summerboard to customize my icons, hide icons ets... i have installed these but cant seem to hide anything, can someone direct me to a tutorial or be kind enough to tell me.

i did a search and nothing came up on rSBT

thanks.

ChemicalWeather

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
i was told by the person who i bought my iPhone from to use rSBT and summerboard to customize my icons, hide icons ets... i have installed these but cant seem to hide anything, can someone direct me to a tutorial or be kind enough to tell me.

i did a search and nothing came up on rSBT

thanks.
in rSBT just drag down the icon you wanna hide to the 'hidden' section at the very bottom, to drag down first touch the icon you want to move, and then touch and drag by holding the symbol on the right hand side

aky

Bronze
Oct 7, 2007
in rSBT just drag down the icon you wanna hide to the 'hidden' section at the very bottom, to drag down first touch the icon you want to move, and then touch and drag by holding the symbol on the right hand side
ok cool, thx, so easy but couldnt figure out how to do that.

how do i make my main screen (i think called summerboard) "scrollable"?

ChemicalWeather

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
ok well, the stock iPhone main screen is called 'springboard' theres a third party app called 'summerboard' that makes it scrollable automatically, however if you don't have any icons below the main screen it probably wont scroll, but if you don't have summerboard you can install it from 'installer.app' which im sure you probably have

aky

Bronze
Oct 7, 2007
ok well, the stock iPhone main screen is called 'springboard' theres a third party app called 'summerboard' that makes it scrollable automatically, however if you don't have any icons below the main screen it probably wont scroll, but if you don't have summerboard you can install it from 'installer.app' which im sure you probably have
yes i have summerboard installed, so making the icons scroll i would have to have more icons that fit the screen obviously.

and then it should scroll automatically?

ok ill try to install a few appls

thanks again

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yes i have summerboard installed, so making the icons scroll i would have to have more icons that fit the screen obviously.

and then it should scroll automatically?

ok ill try to install a few appls

thanks again

actually, you should be able to drag the icons even if you have less than a whole spring board of icons.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
that's weird. I don't keep any icons on my springboard, so i added one, and i was able to scroll it. There are not any options in Summerboard to set scrolling on or off, so it should be automatic.

ChemicalWeather

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
if you still aren't able to scroll using summerboard even after you have more icons added try uninstalling and reinstalling summerboard

Oct 15, 2007
ever since i did this summer board... my phone mail safari and ipod icons are over the text camera calendar and photo icons and i can click them? and it don't scroll?

Aug 21, 2007
I need help finding out where I can download Summerboard from, besides the installer.

I have firmware 1.1.1, I did the jailbreak and have installer on there. but if I install Summerboard through installer it screws up the springboard. And thus I need to install Summerboard through the ibrikr or something similar.

Thank you

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
I need help finding out where I can download Summerboard from, besides the installer.

I have firmware 1.1.1, I did the jailbreak and have installer on there. but if I install Summerboard through installer it screws up the springboard. And thus I need to install Summerboard through the ibrikr or something similar.

Thank you
Richard, the installer summerboard definitely does not work. You need to remove it and install the iBrickr version which is labeled Summerboard 1.1.1 alpha.
I accidentally installed the installer summerboard and had to restore my phone in order to get the iBrickr version on there without problems. Hopefully you don't have to do that.