How to use your iPhone while its syncing.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 29, 2007
Now today I restored my iPhone and I have to go through the long syncing 3 movies 500+ photos and 1000+ songs and I want to get back to installing applications while I was syncing, and I found out a way on accident.

So I was sitting here and I get a call and I slide to answer it, I talk for like 5 seconds but called was dropped. It then went back to the homescreen and iTunes was still updating. It stopped for a sec, then restarted but it was from where it left off.

Now I am able to use my phone while in sync.

From this I concluded if in the event you need to use your phone, call it while connected to iTunes and you will be able to use it even if you screen locks itself, when you turn it on it says slide to unlock not slide to cancel.

I am using 1.1.2 and 7.5 for iTunes.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
That has happened to me also, the phone was ringing but I did not slide to answer for fear of something happening. Now I know that I can..thanks.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
You can most definitely slide to unlock it while it's syncing. I do it all the time when I'm syncing so I can look at email or other things. It works just fine.

Sep 29, 2007
You can most definitely slide to unlock it while it's syncing. I do it all the time when I'm syncing so I can look at email or other things. It works just fine.
Really are you sure? If I slide to unlock it definatlly cancels in the sync process. In fact it even says slide to cancel sync instead of unlock.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
yes, but music, videos, and photos that have been tranferred up to that point will remain on the phone. Resyncing will resume where you left off.