How will SDK Apps expand on or Improve on JB Apps?

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
Seriously!...I am interested in the changes in opportunity this will bring.
I'm sure that stability will be enhanced for what its worth....but does Apples kit somehow empower developers with a wider reportoire of product development?
Will the quality...graphics etc, markedly improve because of the kit?

Can apps such as MMS integral to many devices be developed and approved?

I assume Apple had/has its own upgrades, and Version2 plans for stepping up the iPhones functionality.....(V2 surely has more major features planned other than 3G to entice $599) ,Will this not limit approval of these programs?

I guess the main question is : how will the post SDK iPhone experience differ from our jailbroken options now?
thanks

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
I think the sdk will just provide more stable apps. The experience will probably be the same, just less of a pain since you don't have to jailbreak, deal with bricked phones, and deal with third party jb apps screwing up the phone. The downfall...we'll most likely have to pay for most of the apps

May 6, 2007
United States
I think the sdk will just provide more stable apps. The experience will probably be the same, just less of a pain since you don't have to jailbreak, deal with bricked phones, and deal with third party jb apps screwing up the phone. The downfall...we'll most likely have to pay for most of the apps
I completely agree with what you said. It should be great having the SDK and not worrying about warranties. I haven't jailbreaked and I never planned to. Not I will be happy to use all of the other great apps available. Most will probably cost money as you stated, but there are always the good people out there who don't favor getting money for their creations. Unfortunately these days the number of these people is dwindling. Ah well, that's my ramble....

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
I completely agree with what you said. It should be great having the SDK and not worrying about warranties. I haven't jailbreaked and I never planned to. Not I will be happy to use all of the other great apps available. Most will probably cost money as you stated, but there are always the good people out there who don't favor getting money for their creations. Unfortunately these days the number of these people is dwindling. Ah well, that's my ramble....
Ah, well yes of course, y'all who are still in the pen, of course, your patience will soon pay off, but us who've enjoyed our freedom..wondering how SDK products will differ in quality or quantity from what weve been accustomed to.

I don't mind paying for enhancements to this device one bit....my donations usually surpass what apps usually go for anyway.

Runamuck

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
Given the economics of greed......

I think the SDK apps will replace Jailbreak apps. When something is closed, everyone wants it open. When it's opened, nobody really cares anymore and just worries about making money.

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007

I think the SDK apps will replace Jailbreak apps. When something is closed, everyone wants it open. When it's opened, nobody really cares anymore and just worries about making money.
LOL! Perfect

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD

Well, I'm not going into work tomorrow morning and telling my boss that I'll work for free from now on...:)

umbrabellator

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
How is that a downfall? Developers deserved to be paid for their work.