How will the iOS 4S work on Verizon?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

php111

Bronze
Jul 30, 2011
Hey everyone,

How will the upgrade work with Verizon for the iOS 4S? Will it be available on the 14th? Do I connect it to iTunes, and then upgrade? What kind of features are included? Will I be able to upgrade from 32GB to 64GB via iTunes at no cost? Or would the amount of gigs is built into the phone?

Hillbilly

Bronze
Feb 9, 2011
You should be able to update your VZW phone to iOS 5 on 10/12 (should being the keyword). The amount of storage is built in to the phone so if you already have 32 GB that is what you will have. 64 GB is available in 4S for $399 (2-year contract).

NewGuy

Bronze
Dec 30, 2009
Toledo, OH
www.facebook.com
Are you being serious right now? Honestly, are those real questions? I am going to go ahead and answer them for you just in case... There is no such thing as iOS 4S... 4S is the name of the new DEVICE coming out. That means you have to buy a brand new phone... Doesn't matter what your network is... 32GB or 64GB is the size of memory on the device. to upgrade you by a new device. Evey single thing you said is invalid and will not happen. You can upgrade your phone to iOS 5 if you have an iPhone 4 or 3GS. All you get is the new operating system. That is through iTunes. Nothing else

Hillbilly

Bronze
Feb 9, 2011
Well NewGuy you are technically correct but since VZW still has not updated their phones to 4.33 I am not going to assume their iPhone 4s will get iOS 5 until I see it. I know their 4S phones will have iOS 5.

NewGuy

Bronze
Dec 30, 2009
Toledo, OH
www.facebook.com
Well NewGuy you are technically correct but since VZW still has not updated their phones to 4.33 I am not going to assume their iPhone 4s will get iOS 5 until I see it. I know their 4S phones will have iOS 5.
Check the keynote. Any iPhone 4 along with iPhone 3GS, Both iPads and iPod touch 3rd and 4th gen will be able to download iOS5

Hillbilly

Bronze
Feb 9, 2011
That's what they said about 4.33 initially. I've had VZW for years on multiple phones. They are always the last to update though I do believe the VZW 4 will get the update too this time. I'm just not as ****y as you to guarantee something.