How would I sync 2 iPhones with 2 different address books

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

daviddogma

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Probably a dumb question I could get answered if I searched on my own, but what the hell this is what the forum is for, right? Let's say my wife wants an iPhone and she wants to sync it on my Mac with a different address book. I currently have the only address book and she barely uses the computer other than to hook her Ipod up to iTunes, how do I create another address book for her iPhone? I don't want all of her names and my names mixed. Anyone out there using 2 iPhones on the same computer with 2 different address books?

fredthedog

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Probably a dumb question I could get answered if I searched on my own, but what the hell this is what the forum is for, right? Let's say my wife wants an iPhone and she wants to sync it on my Mac with a different address book. I currently have the only address book and she barely uses the computer other than to hook her Ipod up to iTunes, how do I create another address book for her iPhone? I don't want all of her names and my names mixed. Anyone out there using 2 iPhones on the same computer with 2 different address books?

Get an account on Yahoo! and set up HER address book through that (its under the yahoo mail options). It will sync just like on on the computer and you can keep it separate. (I also like it because I can update it if I am away from home)

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Yes. If you add her as another user to your Mac or PC, then she'll get a fresh Address Book to add all her contacts to and not interfere with yours.