How would you compare iPad mini 2 with kindle HD fire ?

Discussion in 'iPad mini with retina display' started by rugved1118, Oct 23, 2013.

1. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Hello guys

How would you compare ipad mini2 with kindle HD fire ?

Sent using iCafe app

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

The Kindle Fire HD runs a forked version of Android. I've used the original Fire and absolutely loathed the interface. Fortunately, I was able to root it and install Jelly Bean. That particular tablet is a bit of a fossil. The newest Kindle Fire HD brings impressive hardware specs, but comparing these tablets stops and ends with apps. In fact, I'm not even sure the Fire HD allows access to the Google Play Store, making it an even worse option. If it were my money, the Nexus 7 is the tablet that should be discussed with the iPad mini with retina.

Personally, I find Apple's hardware to be a cut above in terms of fit, finish and refinement. When you pay the premium, you also get into the iOS ecosystem, which for tablets, cannot be beat.

I say this as someone running Android on two tablets in my home. Battery life, apps - just not on par with iOS.

Is Apple overpricing their hardware? Maybe, but I would presume it's because customers are willing to pay to use iPads. Look at the iPad 2. It was launched in March, 2011. Apple has left it in the lineup and kept it priced at $399. In five or so months, that tablet will be three years old.

3. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Okay how would you compare it with kindle Fire HDX ?

Sent using iCafe app