How would you improve the experience here in our iPhone and iPad forums?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I can implement the switch to Mobile without a problem. I'm working on seeing if there is a solution to switch to the default template when hitting the site with a desktop browser.
Can the switch simply look at User-Agents?

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Not for the average user who jailbreaks. ;)

Good to see you here, BTW!
We (even the majority at times here) who jailbreak aren't considered the average user that visits this site. I would venture to say we get a lot of one or two time visitors. Granted they don't download the app but some might get it and find it easier to use.
Hard to define average and I am sure it is hard for Chris to make everyone happy.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
A number of you have requested an option to ignore certain topics when selecting What's New.

This suggested has been implemented and you can read all about how it's done right here in the new sticky, "How to remove forum categories and posts from What's New".

Thank you for the feedback. I hope those who requested this feature find it useful.(y)

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Also, is there any way to move the panel of ratings (informative, like, funny, etc.)? It's too close to the reply button and I just accidentally clicked the bad spelling button on someone's post and I had to go back through all of my posts to find out where I had inadvertently clicked it.
I've doubled the space between the post ratings and the reply button.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
A number of you have requested an option to ignore certain topics when selecting What's New.

This suggested has been implemented and you can read all about how it's done right here in the new sticky, "How to remove forum categories and posts from What's New".

Thank you for the feedback. I hope those who requested this feature find it useful.(y)
That is really nice to have. Thanks!

I do wish we could have an "ignore thread" function for the What's New feed though. I'd prefer to see everything in What's New and then ignore a thread if not interested (well if the thread is constantly in the What's New feed and am not interested). Hope this made sense.

Michael

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008

I do wish we could have an "ignore thread" function for the What's New feed though. I'd prefer like to see everything in What's New and then ignore a thread if not interested (well if the thread is constantly in the What's New feed and am not interested). Hope this made sense.

Michael
I went cross-eyed after reading this post... I think I know what you mean, though.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY

I do wish we could have an "ignore thread" function for the What's New feed though. I'd prefer like to see everything in What's New and then ignore a thread if not interested (well if the thread is constantly in the What's New feed and am not interested). Hope this made sense.

Michael
I know what you mean. I'm not sure I can provide such granular results on a per-user basis. I will research it and if there is a solution, I'll update this thread.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I know what you mean. I'm not sure I can provide such granular results on a per-user basis. I will research it and if there is a solution, I'll update this thread.
Thanks, Chris. I know that it is a much bigger undertaking than removing individual forums.

Perhaps I should have used the friendlier term "hide" rather than ignore.

Oh yes, while it doesn't appear that XenForo supports thread ignore, there "seemed" to be a person in this thread who used an add-on to do it:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/suggestion-ignore-filter-system.1841/page-5#post-228886

Michael

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com

Michael
I think that's spot-on. I would love to have this ability too. I took a look at the new Preferences > What's New options and I feel like there aren't many sections / sub-sections I want to ignore - but there are plenty of individual threads I'd love to ignore.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm experiencing some bugs on the forum software on the iPhone. I'm using the iPhone Optimized template. Earlier today, every time I clicked on the Alerts button it took me back down to the latest post in the Astronomy thread after reloading the page. I had to close the tab to resolve this. Just now I clicked the reply button in the Words with Friends thread and the reply box and formatting panel started flashing in a rapid, strobe-like pattern. This also resolved when I closed the tab and reloaded eiC.

May 17, 2012
Very classy Chris. Just by you asking how can I improve, means a lot to me. Keep up the good work.

I love reading all day long. More stuff to read the better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk