How's everyone enjoying there new iPad ? :)

GailLA

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Northern IL
Loving mine. I too am updating from the iPad 1 to the new iPad. I've been posting away about it here, too. :D Congrats to all you other happy new iPad owners. Happy iDay.

imamac

Bronze
Mar 23, 2010
Loving it. It's noticeably faster on my home wifi network and the display is gorgeous. I just watched the most recent episode of the TV show "New Girl" and though the iPad screen is smaller than my TV it was so incredibly clear I can foresee myself watching more and more TV and movies on it.

Mar 15, 2012
I can't really enjoy the screen since I still have the plastic wrapping covering it. My case I ordered didn't come in and all I see is plastic lol. What are some apps that really show how the amazing retina display?

Chancellor

Contributor
Bronze
May 28, 2011
So far I really like it, the only problem is I'm coming from a 150 buck touchpad. This thing is so darn pricey but so nice at the same time lol.

Dallas Phil

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Well I must say I am a disappointed camper. I have the iPad 2 64g WiFi and just received my iPad 3 or HD or whatever 64g WiFi. I have been putting them both through comparisons and I swear I can hardly tell any difference. There is no difference in the speed that I can tell. The colors are a little crisper on the 3 but not for the price I just paid. I fell like a complete idiot actually.

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
Well I must say I am a disappointed camper. I have the iPad 2 64g WiFi and just received my iPad 3 or HD or whatever 64g WiFi. I have been putting them both through comparisons and I swear I can hardly tell any difference. There is no difference in the speed that I can tell. The colors are a little crisper on the 3 but not for the price I just paid. I fell like a complete idiot actually.
You can always return it.

Chancellor

Contributor
Bronze
May 28, 2011

I'm going to give mine a few days to decide :). Coming from a touchpad it's a huge upgrade, but from what I've read the speed is the same as ipad2. It just has a video card like attachment that helps the CPU out with the extra pixels. Either way I love it but if I had a 64ipad2 I'd probably be returning my iPad new edition.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
In the time I have spent using the new iPad, I find some apps are real noticeable. Specifically games that support the retina display are stunning. Browsing the web and even regular apps like Tweetbot are nice, but I am not blown away by them. I need to do more comparisons between my iPad 2 and the new iPad.

JFN

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Nor Cal
I came from a iPad 1 and I feel it was worth the move due to the spped aand memory, the screen difference is not that great to my 65 year old eyes, if I had a iPad2 I think i would be disappointed. Now that is my first impression so i'll re-post in a week or 2

Might as well do a case rewiew, I ordered a Marware, not sure of the model but top of the line looks like Carbon Fiber. It's a well built case and looks like it will be good for protection from a fall. But it is way too heavy for sitin on the couch and surfin so I looked at a ifrogz case at AT&T and really liked it, it was for a 2 and my 3 wouln't fit

Dallas Phil

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Well I am amazed that I can return it even though I had it engraved. I have until the 30th so I will probably test some more but I honestly I cannot tell a $700 difference! LOL