How's the iPhone 6S battery holding up?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

RyansTitan05

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 21, 2008
For me... It seems horrible! When I got my phone I ran it down till it died! Then gave it a full charge! It seems like every time I pick it up from it being "asleep" it lost 3 percent of the battery! If I use it for 2 seconds for a text it drops 1 percent!

Anyone else having issues?

RyansTitan05

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 21, 2008
Last year, my 6 Plus seemed to need a couple of good charges before I started getting impressed with the battery life. Perhaps it's the same thing here.

Maybe so! I've never seen it be this bad! I haven't even hardly used my phone! My battery has went down 4 percent just to make these four post!

Apple4me

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Well, my guess would be you either have a rogue process running and consuming the battery or you have a defective battery. Have you tried powering the phone off and on?

B89rent89

Bronze
Sep 19, 2012
In the last 18 hours mine is 42% for MAILBOX app, 25% forApp Store and 19% for Home & Lock Screen. Legit reasons for all though. Started out doing a restore from iTunes but it left me with about 20 apps "Waiting" and not installing. Got fed up with that and did a RESET and Setup as New, which always cause MAILBOX to rearrange folders. I spent a long time fixing that, a long time re-installing apps and quite a while fooling around with Home and Lock Screen. Went down 5% reading this thread and typing this post.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I've been using my iPhone non-stop since Friday, and my battery life is amazing. Friday night at bedtime I put it on the charger, and all day today I've been screwing with it like I usually do, and it took all day to get the battery to 50%. I am, however, on iOS 9.1 beta 2, if that makes a difference.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Always the disclaimer:

As previously mentioned, the test itself can’t exactly be filed under the most scientific that we’ve seen, especially considering the video creator didn’t have enough SIM cards to make it an even experiment and needed to swap them around.

Also, were all the test phones restored from a backup, or were all set up as new phones? So many variables here.