How's this for stupid...

nyc_rock

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Waited in line for three hours on 7/11. Returned my iPhone a week later. Im going back to the 5th avenue store at 10 pm to give it another shot.

Somebody help me!

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Waited in line for three hours on 7/11. Returned my iPhone a week later. Im going back to the 5th avenue store at 10 pm to give it another shot.

Somebody help me!
I LOVE the fifth avenue store. Been there quite a few times in the last few weeks. It's like an Apple users dream! They also have the best iPhone accessories inventory.

Have Fun! :laugh2:

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
Well, from what I've heard, the 3G network in NYC is flawless. However, if I were you, as I am contemplating on returning my 3G/selling it and downgrading to V1 to wait for V3/something bigger better, I would suggest that you stay with your V1 and just stick with your gut feeling because I think that if you go back and get it again and were disappointed the first time, chances are you will be disappointed again. Just my thoughts though. You know whats best for you.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Not stupid at all... afterall once you get rid of your 3g what would you replace it with? The only alternative is the v1. Now to get rid of it and go back to one of the other manufacturers is dumb IMO.

nyc_rock

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I didn't go back to v1 because I never owned v1. I went back to my curve, which of course if flawless as a phone. But it lacks the media savvy of the iPhone. But for me, second time is always a charm. Hey, thats what 30 day trial periods are for.

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
I believe you'd be happy with both of the phones. The Curve and V1 are both amazing phones. I've tested both of them out and been happy with both of them. Just keep in mind, what do you want to use the phone for? If you use it for internet music primarily, go with the iPhone. If you're a heavy email user and not as focused on media, the curve is for you.

nyc_rock

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Thats my problem. im both. I ride the train for three hours a day and listen to music the entire time. I also travel a ton for businesss so the video aspect is incredibly appealing also. Of course the entire time I am emailing for work. God bless verizon though. Ive ported out and back three times in the last four months. I hope they don't have a limmit as to taking me back.

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
Yes. It does sound very complicated. If I were you, I would go with the iPhone 3G, especially if I lived in NYC considering the network speed and all. Good luck. I'm sure you'll be happy with either.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I didn't go back to v1 because I never owned v1. I went back to my curve, which of course if flawless as a phone. But it lacks the media savvy of the iPhone. But for me, second time is always a charm. Hey, thats what 30 day trial periods are for.
Well I don't know you, so I won't stoop so low to call you stupid. But, for me it's iPhone only. Can't imagine going back to anything else.

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008

Somebody help me!
OK, ok, don't do anything you'll regret. Just sit down and take some deep breaths. Go to your happy place. Pick out a place where all your worries are gone. It can't be the 5th avenue store, either. NoW go look in the mirror. Could you live with yourself being a person that prostrates themself for Apple like that?

YOU WILL WAIT IN LINE, YOU WILL SHELL OUT YOUR MONEY, APPLE AND AT&T WILL TREAT YOU LIKE CRAP YOU AND YOU WILL LIKE IT.

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
mobileme

sonicwind...dude...mobileme sucks arse haha

nyc_rock

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I really am stupid. So I went to the store and got the phone. I was quickly reminded why I returned it. Been off the charger for three hours and Im already down to 50%.

I am somewhat encouraged that this appears to be a software issue involving have push enabled. there is something wrong with the phone when your usage matches your standby time and you haven't used your phone. Push does not require an "always on" connection. Something is amiss.

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
The glass is sparkly, though. Look how it shines.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
For the first five minutes. The it becomes one smudgy son of a gun.