hows YOUR battery?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wgzn

Sep 12, 2007
im getting about a businesss day of use out of a full charge - is that normal?

i check email about a half dozen times, send a couple quick replies. browse a couple website (20 min or less), talk about one hour total. and rarely if ever even open iTunes

seems like a pretty wimpy battery IMO

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007

i check email about a half dozen times, send a couple quick replies. browse a couple website (20 min or less), talk about one hour total. and rarely if ever even open iTunes

depends on if you surf website on wifi or not and also how many times your iPhone checks for email(the interval you have set).
I get a fulls day worth with extensive use of iPod and safari and around 30 min of talk and several SMS. Also I check my Email a lot, have to manage 2 accounts, 1 for personal and 1 for School. (Full day for me is around..12 hrs lol, thats how much I work in 1 day ) the battery is usually 25% still up by the time iam ready to charge it. Also for the iPod.. I just listen to music.. maybe the occasional clip from several of the movies I have on here.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
No offense to you, welcome to the forums, btw.

But geez! Do we have to start a new "battery" thread EVERYDAY!?

LoL!

WELCOME ALL NEWCOMERS! :laugh2:

I'm the local iPhone fanboy without a phone yet so don't listen to me.....really. ;)

:p

wgzn

Sep 12, 2007
eek! sorry guys... im new. didn't know it had been already run aground ; )

btw, i don't EVER use wifi. if i have access to wifi ill use my laptop. the WHOLE reason i bought this thing is for use in the field... not at a clients office or at starbucks.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Lol, Np. Welcome to EIP, just use the search function and you will find out that many of the questions you are probably wanting to ask have already been answered.

spankbot

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007

You could try making sure email only checks when you start the email app instead of every hour, etc. Keeping Bluetooth on 24/7 also speeds battery drain.

I'm one of the few lucky ones that are rarely far away from a charger so I never seem to have a low battery. I have a charger at home of course, the iPhone charges while hooked into my car stereo, and I have a charger at my office.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Yes, it's cool. All is forgiven since you are new. But if Ican give you some advice. You may be new to this forum, but the next forum you visit you won't be able to fall on that excuse, since it's not newness to a forum that counts, but newness to netiquette. It's pretty common netiquette to do a search on a subject before you post a new thread. Many forums are pretty militant about it, and some will ban you if you are a habitual offender.

So please take note for the future. Thanks.

Oh, and don't hijack threads. LOL ;) I know. It's hard not to sometimes. Believe me, I know. Haha.
[/HIJACK]

artjr

Sep 10, 2007
Tunkhannock, Pa.
Ring Tones? Help

Hello,
Can I have a different ring tone for emails, sms and phone? I did not find that setting but I am very new to iPhone. I don't want the same ring tone for phone as I do for emails or sms.