How's your Home Button?

How's your Home Button?

• It's fine. Works flawlessly.

Votes: 39 86.7%
  • It's okay - I have to press hard for it to work, though.

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • It's broken and does not work.

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
My iPhone certainly isn't the most ding-free in the world. But whenever I drop it, it's almost always on the back - it's only been dropped on the front twice. And yet, this is my home button.

Only on very rare occasions does it work. I have to slam the phone on a hard surface in order for it to function. For the past few months, I've using a SBSettings toggle to close apps. Yesterday, however, I had to restore. I can't rejailbreak because I can't get into DFU without the Home Button. And I can't go stock because I need SBSettings to close apps.

What my point is that, although I really like the design of the iPhone, Apple really needs to improve the Home Button - it just isn't sturdy enough. A few drops on the phone's face should not be enough to crack it.

So, what's the status of your Home Button?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Mine has ben working swimmingly since September 07.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
My home button on both my v1 and 3G are fine. Even after dropping my last 3G and cracking the glass completely the home button was fine.

WPeterson

Bronze
Dec 15, 2008
how can ya break that button? i don't think your thumb finger can do that....

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
i didn't even think you could break the home button.

and Lincoln, what the hell have you done to your phone, man. you're a moderator. aren't you supposed to set an example? :p

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
Mine has done 2 full gainers and landed flat on it's face no damage and everything functions well.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Mine have all worked flawlessly. I don't drop my phone nearly as much as I used to.

Do you use a case?

Really sucks!

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
Mine have all worked flawlessly. I don't drop my phone nearly as much as I used to.

Do you use a case?

Really sucks!

Yes I was using a vaja limited edition and wearing it on my belt on the left side. It caught on the seat belt somehow when I was getting out of the car and my phone popped out of the case. I thought I hadn't secured it in the case well. I figured it was toast but I lucked out.
The second time I figured out what was happening and changed it to the right side and no more problems.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I have no case and no screen protector. I dropped it once on carpet and have very few scratches. Home button works flawlessly. I had one weird thing happen once when I set it down on a table and it rebooted. Since then, its perfect.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
As the numbers of your poll seem to point out...it aint the design of the phone. It's you.

But that's cool. Live and learn. Get a case. QUIT DROPPING IT. Something like that.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I actually noticed that my Home Button seems to be a bit loose (for lack of a better word). I haven't dropped this 3G yet so I'm not quite sure what the issue is.

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
;(. I've only ever dropped my iPhone on my bed from 5 cm and I was scared. I can't stand having a scratch or imperfections on it so I have an Invisible Shield and a Marware Sports Grip.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
As I said in the first post, I've only dropped it on the face twice - the first time, no damage was done. The second time, I picked it up, and I see a cracked home button.